taken from daily text for today

by therevealer 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I have never known a more health obsessed group than JWs, particularly with alternate therapies. Sicknesses went in waves of fashion, candida, chronic fatigue,

depression.

You forgot low blood sugar, hypoglycemia and lupus. Many of these things can be treated by the herbs, vitamins and super blue algae someone is always selling as a sideline

Yes....this is so true. Deep down they know I think as a whole, this religion apeals to those who are so afraid of dying that they'll hang their hopes on just about anything that sounds halfway reasonable, so they can distract themselves from the reality that we all must face and everyone who has ever lived has faced. It is likely why there is such a great fear of anyone who questions them thereby threatening the fantasy. I was raised with the idea that I should want to live forever and I that shouldknow what the purpose of life is. I came to realize that even if God does want us to live forever, why is that any more purposeful? Isn't that just an extended version of what we have now.

Coming to grips with my own mortality, all within one year instead of little by little from childhood, like the rest of mankind does,was a very painful process. But now that I have done it, I have made peace with it. The horrible anxiety is gone because I no longer have to attend meetings where they continually try to convince you that any day now, if you've done all the right things, you can trick yourself into beleiving you can escape the inevitable.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They actually do have hope. In fact, they have the ability to choose which treatment they wish to use (though the FDA is working double time to get rid of that right).

Best advice: If it works, do it. If you don't know whether it works or not and you are willing to accept the risk that it will not, then do it. If it does not work and you know it doesn't work, or if you don't want to be the one to find out that it does not work, then don't.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And, the "they" (who have hope) refers to the worldly people, not the witlesses. As for how pio-sneering can cause you to lose teeth, if it causes you to neglect a little problem, it can become a big problem. Most pio-sneers cannot afford the money and/or time to go to a dentist or seek competent natural help to heal a little cavity or early gum disease. So, it gets worse. The cavity gets bigger until the whole tooth has to come out, or the gum disease continues getting worse until teeth fall out. And, instead of fixing it (whether with a regular dentist or competent natural healing), they wait for the New Dark Ages for Jehovah to fix the problem. Then, when that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag welshes on his promise, you are stuck with the problem.

It doesn't help matters that the witlesses continue hounding you to not seek treatment until it becomes a crisis, because it betrays a lack of faith. Nor do they let you pick therapy that works--they are worried about spiritism and religious healing (which, if it works for you, keep doing it).

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

One congregation I was in, half them had chronic fatigue, the others were racing off to another city to have their mercury fillings removed because they were convinced they were killing them. An elder in our last congregation banned the use of a microwave to heat babies' milk bottles because he thought it would be irradiating the milk.

As to the negative comments about outsiders: I spent a couple of eye-opening nights at the Australian Bethel a few years back and was blown away by the smug comments oozing everywhere at the breakfast discussion of the daily text. They were all talking about what drivers were like "out there" as if life in the Bethel Bubble somehow granted them superior driving skills.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Don't spend your money on health care. Die sooner and leave your money to the WT because we need your money.

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

OMG that made me laugh, then go WTF!?!

So basically if you are sick or have health problems, the meetings will cure it hay? Don't take too many precautions because we know this life will be done with soon! How dare they even write shit like this!?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Belbab,

don't worry about teeth, you won't need 'em

ain't nobody gonna be eatin' any beef in the new system

all the animals gonna be your pets.

In Genesis 9:3 it states: "Every moving aninal that is alive may serve as food for you."

In the new system the WTS put a complete ban on meat, I know the Bible speaks of the Lion layin' down with the lamb

but it don't take back what God gave in Gen 9:3

If I"m wrong would someone please enlighten me, maybe I missed somethin'

I ain't no vegetarian

Just think about it, no sex, no eatin' meat, cleanin' up all those dead bodies

that ain't paradise that's hell in disguise.

Oh well BTTT

• therevealer
    therevealer

Bonnie_Clyde - Oh my! You typed out and posted my thoughts. If the dubs spend to much money on stuff like health care will they have money left to donate now or leave to the society in their wills.

• jam
    jam

prior to 1975, the word was we must be close to the end. My ex mention this , have you

notice JW,s are not dying off at A rate as the world. And I thought about it and at the time and

there was no one personally we knew that had pass away in the years we became JW,s, but

that time only covered 4yrs. But after 1975 the numbers went up in deaths.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Therevealer,

You missed the important teaching, just like all others that read from the Bible or our publications with ill intent. Re-read it again, this time pray prior to reading it so that you may comprehend the Biblical teaching in it.

Never ceases to amaze me how people miss and misinterpret the point completely!!!

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit