taken from daily text for today

by therevealer 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• therevealer
    therevealer

Monday, November 22

Youhadnohope.-Eph.2:12.

Jehovah's Witnesses accept medical help and various forms of treatment. Our journal Awake! often contains articles on health matters. And although we do not endorse any particular treatment, we appreciate the help and cooperation of health-care professionals. Of course, we are aware that perfect health is not yet attainable. Therefore, we know that it is wise to avoid letting our health become an obsession or a constant concern. Our attitude should differ from that of those who have "no hope," who think that this life is all there is and who will resort to any therapy in an attempt to cure their ailments. We are determined not to forfeit Jehovah's approval in an effort to save our present life, for we are convinced that if we remain faithful to God, we will "get a firm hold on the real life," everlasting life in his promised new system of things.-1 Tim. 6:12, 19; 2 Pet. 3:13. w08 11/15 3:6

Don't you find it interesting how they just cannot give advice and admonition to the rank and file without resorting to negative comments of the world or "ones who have no hope". How many do you know of that have gone to great lengths to use some "Mexican cure" or what not. Certainly they are no different than the ones they denigrate or in many cases worse.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

i now have hope... now that i left there lie

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

These are the same people that said "vaccines are from the devil".

• designs
    designs

High School dropouts should not give Medical advice or write Science articles.

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

I will be reporting the organisatan to the UK government who are very keen to save money on anything they can. This could pay off the national debt in the uk if the WTBTS payed their taxes back. I have forwarded this to the Sun news paper and I hope to bring JW'S down in the UK ASAP . THIS IS A CULT with no benefit to the uk public so they should not be tax exempt..

Hairyhegoat

• unshackled
    unshackled

It almost seems like they are hinting that your health doesn't matter. Don't worry about it because the new system is coming!

In my early teens I remember the dentist advising braces. I didn't want them of course (what kid does?) but justified it with "the new system will be here soon enough, it would be a waste of money". My parents didn't disagree and went along with it, as we really did believe it.

So dumb...should've gotten the braces!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Don't you find it interesting how they just cannot give advice and admonition to the rank and file

without resorting to negative comments of the world or "ones who have no hope"......TheRevealer

Only the Live JW`s Have Hope..

The Dead ones are..

Dead..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• man in black
    man in black

Interesting observation

I notice now, even though I left this religion two years ago that it is so easy to hang the "negative" label on anything I don't agree with or

like.

Slowly I have been making an effort to look at the positive side of most everything (if possible)

It must be a conditioned response after 30 years as a jw.

• belbab
    belbab

I lost about five or six teeth pioneering for Jehovah. I have to chew with my front teeth. Thank you Watchtower.

belbab

• jay88
    jay88

There they go again playing the ventriloquist for their God. It is not up to any human to determine who has no hope, unless you are a judgemental son of gun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit