I'm doing it, I'm buying a christmas tree!

by littlebird 22 Replies latest jw friends

• littlebird
    littlebird

I'm so excited, Im going out to buy my first christmas tree today! It will be small, but it will be great. Since Im still living separate from my jw hubby, Im going to take advantage of the freedom. My boys and I will have thanksgiving dinner and then put up the tree. The best part....I feel no guilt whatsever.

• wasblind
    wasblind

You go Little Bird,

and have yourself a ball!!!!!!!!!!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Way Cool! I hope you have a fun-filled time decorating it. It's one of my fave things to do.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

Congratulations! As a bit of advice, find a decent dollar or discount store to buy your first ornaments. They can be very pricey if you buy a lot at once, so a good idea is to start with some simple ones and then buy some more nice ones each year during the post-Christmas clearance sales. :)

My non-JW grandmother let me decorate her tree with her a few times when I was little. I remember especially loving the tinsel. I think I pretty much coated her tree in it one year, but to her credit, she let me do it because she knew I was having fun. Even though it ended up looking terrible. :)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Way cool! Have fun!

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am so excited for you and your children.. our first Christmas was '93,, my oldest was 19 then and youngest was 10,,was a most awesome Christmas. We have had so many since, but that first one was more than awesome!

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Aww How awesome!! We were going to do it this year too! but I think we well wait until next christmas when I have my baby around (born March 2011) and then yeah we will get a tree and everything!!

So exciting! Have a good holiday!! :)

• littlebird
    littlebird

It was fun, I got a four footer, fake one with lights. I took your advice pali and got inexpensive ornaments and a bunch of garland, your right, it does get pricey! My bff who is also a former jw is coming up for thanksgiving too and we cant wait to decorate. Butterfly, you're going to love the high it gives you. If I dont get back on here in time, I wish you all a happy thanksgiving!

• Think About It
    Think About It

Congratulations......big step on freeing yourself from the WTS mindset and having fun with life.

Think About It

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Littlebird enjoy your decorating ! It is fun and I love have the tree lights on in the evening it feels so warm and homey .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit