What do you do to keep fit??

by on the rocks 15 Replies latest jw friends

• on the rocks
    on the rocks

Just curious....I joined a gym.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

At my age, just getting in and out of chairs.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I go for very long walks (and hikes) and if I'm sedentary I eat wayyy less than when I'm active...

V665V665

• smiddy
    smiddy

I joined a table tennis club "keenagers" a couple of years ago,and also the senior citizens table tennis club,and now in this past year I`ve been able to con my wife into playing also,and we are thouroughly enjoying 4 days a week of physicall activitywith a wonderfull diverse group of mature people.We love it

smiddy

• Newborn
    Newborn

Trying to eat less candy

• mouthy
    mouthy

BREATH

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I TRY to workout 4-5 times a week, alternating between Martial Arts and strength training.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

I teach karate twice a week. And when I say teach I don't just stand in front of the class and bark out instructions. I actually do everything I ask the students to do.

I also do 30 minutes on an elliptical or bike and lift weights before karate class.

I'm getting ready to buy and elliptical for the house and a stationary trainer for the mountain bike.

Hopefully that will get me through the winter and ready for spring.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

3 stretch/weight classes, 3-4 Zumba classes and golf about 3 times per week. Walking. Frequent biking/golf vacations.

Good for you joining the gym - be sure to get your money's worth.

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

I am working back from a stress fracture so my schedule right now is:

Run 4 times a week, progressive miles.

Elliptical three times a week.

Strength training 1 X week.

I am a runner so my training pretty much centers around that... I joined a gym to have more access to equipment, but I prefer being outside, which is about to get chilly being in Kansas and all..

What's your favorite equipment at the gym?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit