Silentlambs-abuse

by Venice 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Venice
    Venice

I've seen some posts here regaring child abuse, pedophila and such. I'm sure most of you are aware of the poster knon as 'Silentlambs' and his posts on H2O and other boards. Here's some links if you missed the posts.

This first one if the Newspaper article dated Friday 01/05/01;
    http://www.hourglass2.org/wwwboard/messages/310151.html

This is the letter sent to the newspapers;
    http://www.hourglass2.org/wwwboard/messages/308225.html

This is the letter sent to the WTS.
    http://www.hourglass2.org/wwwboard/messages/308225.html

He's truly doing a courageous and brave thing here, and he has our support.
    Venice

• Xandit
    Xandit

ABsolutely, my hat is off to the guy. I hope this causes an absolute tempest. I'd like to see those guys on the Service Desk flayed, figuratively speaking, because I believe they have a whole lot to do with this.

• Simon
    Simon

I hope the press pick up on this and get the public attention that it deserves.

• Seven
    Seven

Venice, Thanks for the links, especially
    * http://www.hourglass2.org/wwwboard/messages/310151.html

• JT
    JT

I'd like to see those guys on the Service Desk -

I thought i would give my old roommate a call this AM to see if he was in his office

he works the Service Desk at Patterson.

we spoke for about 15-20min- he is an interesting guy- he will agree with you on every error the wt has ever done, but believes like many of those guys in Service and Writing that as soon as the "OLD GUARD" dies off

the needed changes will come about-
    I mentioned to him about the newscast out of KY-

as he put it

we got the right man to address those issues- JR Brown

a few days ago i mentioned JR Brown in my GB dies post- this guy is one of the New VP of one of the new corps they recently formed

He is real tight with Larry Gramham out in LA- he gets flown all over the place by Larry -

Larry Picked up the tab on a Cruise down to the Islands a couple of yrs back.

he used to be a DO ----they called him off the road due to him starting to have a following of black bro- he served all the main black urban areas Chicago, Harlem, Cleveland, etc

this guy is the splitting image of Louis Farkann of "The Nation of Isslam"

he has to be the best speaker i have ever heard and folks would come from miles around when they heard he was speaking-

well he has been moved from Writing to heading up the PR Dept along with a White Bro who is a perfect Clone of him -James Pelacia
    ( something like that) he also does alot of the press releases as well

he is a former CO- i recall the day he and his wife came into bethel

he had to be the Cooliest white bro i have ever met- his wife is a German Gal- my man suits just lay on him -smile

so as my roommate put it with these 2 guys taking care of the media
    they will be able to clear up questions and i will admit these 2 guys are good at SPIN CONTROL

SO we will see just how good they are- my roommate is of the mindset of "Why Bite the Hand that Feeds YOU" and since he is flown around the country at circuits expense he goes with the Flow

there are lots of guys up there who know things are out in left field

but they have put in 15-20-30 yrs and have no where to go they feel

so they stay and keep the masses of jw saying "The King has on clothes"

how sad

i only hope that the bro in ky has prepared himself and family for what is about to happen to him
    i understand the congo only has 50 pub and most of them are probably related

we are indeed living in exciting times

JT

• Xandit
    Xandit

It will be very interesting to see how they deal with him. Trying to take judicial action because of his allegations would probably not go down well in the media. Looks like they are in a little bit of a cleft stick situation.

JT my impression of the guys on the Service Desk has not been very positive. I find them condescending and arrogant for the most part.

• Venice
    Venice

Silentlambs has gone Public, and is making a statement. This is only the begginging--stay tuned!!!

NSNBS's websight has this article

http://www.msnbc.com/local/WPSD/17805.asp?cp1=1

http://www.hourglass2.org/wwwboard/messages/310438.html

Venice

• Sassenach
    Sassenach

Excerpt from the article:

The denomination, officially called the Watchtower Bible Tract
    Society, responded saying its elders report child abuse where laws require it.

Could someone in the know please tell me, does this mean that where law does not require it, the watchtower feels no moral obligation to report molestors to authorities? This is quite sad if that is the case. Does anyone in Canada know the legal obligations of religious organizations for cases of child abuse? What about other areas outside of Canada and the USA?

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Sass,

The denomination, officially called the Watchtower Bible Tract

Society, responded saying its elders report child abuse where laws require it.

The WTBTS is saying exact words - for the media - and they know this counts. Imho, the WTBTS says they instruct elders to report child abuse - where laws require it.

The only reading between the lines is your question - what about where the law does not require it?

The WTBTS makes no mention - therefore, imho, it would be safe to assume that the elders are instructed to remain silent - for the good of the congregation's reputation, of course.

Otherwise, don't you think that the WTBTS would have made a fine statement as the following - "The WTBTS instructs it's elders to report all child abuse to officials." So precise, simple, and honest.

But the WTBTS did not say "all" - just "where laws requires it."

Big Damn Difference.

waiting

• JT
    JT

you are on the money- the legal desk knows exactly what they said and meant

where the law doesn't require it they don't do it

but they have always operated that way

case in point- when the donationa arrangement was annouced i'm sure you --like myslef and most other jw esp those of us who live in the usa thought that ALL COUNTRIES went to this arrangement-

i personally stated from the platform,

"Bro this shows how Deeeeeeeep we are in the last days , for here we see the slave making all the literature FREE so folks can get the good news and not have an excuse"
    of course we found out later we could not say FREE and we also found out the POOOOOOOOOREST OF THE POOR countries still had to pay for thier mags

MY POINT IS the Boys on the Legal Desk have to play musical chairs as the net makes it possible for different gov to see how wt has different rules for different countries in view of the FACT they they are always bragging about thier UNITY yea right

it remains me of an article in the Washington Post last week of how the drug companies in the USA test thier drugs in Africa and China and how they don't even tell folks what is in the drugs many times

in other words they do things over there that they would never even dream of doing over here due to all the Johnny Cochrans of the Legal world

same with wt they do one thing here and another thing there, but the net allows all jw and nonjw to see they have different rules and they try to play folks with thier games

so we will see

JT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit