Went to a strange funeral today

by startingover 17 Replies latest jw friends

• startingover
    startingover

No Jam, that is no joke.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

That does sound strange for a JW and a KH.

I've never thought about it though, why wouldn't a JW say God bless you?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Sounds cool :)

God bless you,

Stephen

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

WT 15 Oct 1969 'Comforting the Mourners at Funerals'

“You people will probably never realize fully what you did for us with your gifts of beautiful flowers and the kindnesses of the gentlemen who offered their services as pallbearers as well as the warmth of your friendly presence. All this we will not soon forget and for this all we can give is our sincere thanks, and may God bless every one of you.”

The article is saying how to use a funeral for recruiting new victims

• nelly136
    nelly136

*but that everyone gets a resurrection*

i heard this at my non jw grandads funeral given by an elder, who waffled on about how my nan could look forward to seeing my grandad resurrected.

my grandad had spent most of their married life rejecting/avoiding her recruitment tactics and was the definition of jw 'armageddon fodder'

utter jw talking out of two sides of mouth bollox!

• moshe
    moshe

He's an elder on the fringe, for sure- her will be getting a lot of questions later from the JWs who were in attendance.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Something very liberal for JWs going on there. Whatever it is I hope it is contagious.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I Quit said: " Something very liberal for JWs going on there. Whatever it is I hope it is contagious."

It's the INTERNET, Do you hear that Bethel ? It's the shot heard 'round the world. The start of a revolution against your lies and deceit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit