Do you know anything about car upholstery?

by asilentone 17 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

Have you taken a look yourself at the fasteners of the passenger seat? I have never had a 98 Honda Accord and don't know what is involved...

• asilentone
    asilentone

James, it is too much trouble if I remove it and put it back. I just want it to be alot more simpler to remove and put it back. Maybe someone at the car upholestry shop can make it much easier for me???

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Maybe someone at the car upholestry shop can make it much easier for me???

Maybe so - I do know that M was able to fix Agent 007s Aston Martin so that is was VERY easy to remove the passenger seat -

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    If I have anything too big ...

If you haul alot of large items or equipment, you could consider a modification to the rear of the vehicle. Perhaps some extension brackets welded to the rear so that large items such as ladders, pipes, trusses and other large items could be safely carried.

If the cargo includes heavy items such as bricks, tile or concrete blocks, I would also consider an upgrade to a heavy duty suspension. Just make sure you tell the parts dealer that you are upgrading your Accord for commercial use. They will understand.

Rub a Dub

• asilentone
    asilentone

Cool! (at James previous post)

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Also, don't forget the transmission. The stock unit from the factory is not particularly strong.

Consider an upgrade to an Allison transmission. They have bolt-in upgrades for Accords and Camrys. As a side benefit, it will upgrade your vehicles towing capacity from 1,000 lbs to 7 tons.

Rub a Dub

• nelly136
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Buy some rope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit