Sayings of Everlasting Life heard "Nowhere Else" but in JW Organization?

by InterestedOne 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• boyzone
    boyzone

Hi InterestedOne and welcome!

Your perceptions of this organization and its subtle methods are spot on. They are masters at the double-speak and loaded language and your ability to ask deep questions and see through the the vagueness is unnerving to them. Keep doing what your doing. Go in to your study armed with knowledge from excellent websites like jwfacts.com and freeminds.org. Nothing alarms a Witness more than someone who knows more about their organization than they do. You may even help your "teachers" to think more rationally.

But be warned. If you keep asking deep, involved questions your teachers will start to back off and declare you "not of the right heart condition to accept the "truth"" or "too intellectual and not humble enough" for it.

In other words, you're not stupid enough.

Good luck, and well done.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think they are tampering with the scripture. As mentioned, the Bible says "To WHOM shall we go". I didn't see anything like "To WHERE shall we go" in the Bible. And, the "whom" Peter was referring to was Jesus, not some Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger class.

Now, if the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger puts itself above Jesus, are the witlesses not actually turning away from Jesus? No one else has the truth--according to the Bible. Bearing in mind, they claim to have the monopoly in abiding by the Bible--thus, even if the Bible is itself wrong, this discrepancy is another blatantly bad doctrine. But I remember when the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger had that directive (in numerous forms, at various times) that, even if you can prove their doctrine wrong using their own Bible, you still have to abide by and teach the bad doctrine until the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger itself fixes it. Including the "WHERE else can we go" doctrine.

Or, we can simply decide that the "where" itself is wrong because they are not abiding by the Bible itself despite blatant claims that they do.

• cheerios
    cheerios

welcome IO. sad to say, all the comments thus far have been spot on. it's too bad that the average dub cannot see the truth about the Truth ... good to see you exercising brilliant critical thinking skills! carry on!

• wobble
    wobble

Hello I.O and big welcome !

Eventually you will want to hit them with explaining their 1914 doctrine, and the subsequent choosing of them as Christ's "Faithful and Discreet Slave

"Class"" in 1919, but save that one for the last laugh, just have fun along the way.

They have a terrible propensity for taking scriptures out of context, which would be just silly and bad scholarship, if it were not more deadly than that, in that their murderous doctrine and attitude to blood transfusion/remedies is based on doing just that.

Many, including children, have died needlessly, and still do so.

They also marry disparate verses together from Bible books that are centuries apart to prove a point.

A good rule of thumb is, if a doctrine is unique to them then it is totally erroneous.

Good luck, and may you open someone's eyes and heart.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

WTWizard mentioned something that must be difficult for individual JW's: even if they can show that a WT doctrine is unsound Biblically, they have to go along with it and wait for the organization to fix it. Can someone please refer me to some WT articles expressing this idea? I think it has bearing on the "To whom (by which they mean 'what organization') shall we go?" mentality. It almost has a circular quality to it.

Also, slightly OT, but related to their tactics. I sit in the meetings and watch them open these other books like the OD book, the Benefit From Theocratic Ministry book, and the KM handouts. My "teacher" is exhorting me to attend meetings supposedly so I can "learn about the organization." So I asked him, "Hey can I read these other books you all use, so I too can learn about the organization?" The answer was a flat out "No." Of course I asked "why?" He said, "you're not ready." Of course I asked, "how do you know what I'm ready to read? Do you consider yourself to be in a parental role?" He admitted that is how the Society views it, which was quite a revelation to me since their "Bible study" offer at the doorstep tells the householder nothing about entering into a child-parent relationship. Then he asked me to please stop asking for the other books because he can't give them to me, or even let me borrow them. So, at this point I have found pdf's of the 2005 OD book as well as the 1991 Pay Attention book, but I can't seem to find a pdf of the Benefit book. Can someone help me find it? I am eager to read it because the other two have shed a lot of light on what is really happening with this "Bible study."

• Shrek
    Shrek

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this site, but it helps me a great deal to separate the facts from the bs, which is exactly what you are being confronted with. http://www.jwfacts.com/ It very systematically goes over the teachings both past and present and lets you see for yourself what this group is about.

And welcome!

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

Welcome IO

Keep reading and digging, but eventually your study 'teachers' will probably stop the study. They want to teach and persuade YOU, not the other way around. They always get wierd when someone fights back with legit questions, it stumps them because it wasn't something covered at the Theocratic Ministry School. That's where they are taught 'how' to preach so to speak and what to say, and how to turn around questions and answer them. It's quite robotic if you ask me. I was born and raised and when I use to go door to door and someone would ask a question beyond what I was 'prepared' to say at the door, I was stumped. I didn't know the answer, hence it provokes a 'return visit'. A return visit is a good thing to have on your time card when you send it in every month, it looks good on a JW!

The whole system is so backwards from what Jesus taught and meant. I wish you all the luck in your journey...

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Black Sheep,

I tried to copy and paste that scan (1943) you posted. It doesn't work. Anyone have suggestions on how I get a copy?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Keep your wits about your InterestedOne! Your gut feeling and intuition have done you a great service,... do NOT IGNORE them! Most here wish we had SEEN it before it was too late. Ask questions, prod and probe and do your OWN research as well. If it's the TRUTH, then there's nothing to hide right?

Welcome.

• ThomasCovenant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit