what,s your view on Women ministers.

by jam 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jam
    jam

Phoebed; very good , informative. Once again the women right on the mark.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

"Once you read these books you will cry. You will finally understand the freedom you have in Christ. We are to be an equal partners to our husbands, this is what the bible really teaches."

Well said, very well said.

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

yeah let the babes teach.....obviously the bible was written by men

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

They are parasitic liars like their male counterparts.

• Terry
    Terry

• Tammy Faye Bakker (1942–2007)

The Bakkers' control of PTL collapsed in 1987 after revelations that $287,000 had been paid from the organization to buy the silence of Jessica Hahn, who had had a sexual encounter with Jim Bakker.

The revelations invited scrutiny of the Bakkers, and charges made about their opulent lifestyle, including media reports of an air-conditioneddoghouse at their Tega Cay, South Carolina, lakefront parsonage as well as gold-plated bathroom fixtures, dominated newscasts in the 1980s. The Bakkers' home, owned by the ministry, was actually an older home built in the early 1970s, and it was a few miles away from Heritage USA. Jim Bakker stated that the much-talked-about dog house was heated with an old heater to keep the dogs warm in the winter and the reported gold-plated fixtures were actually brass. The home was later sold by the ministry and burned to the ground not long thereafter. Jim Bakker wrote in his book I Was Wrong that he watched the home burn on live television while incarcerated.

• Juanita Bynum (born 1959)

Bynum was first married in the early 1980s, but the marriage ended in divorce. In 2007, Bynum claimed that she suffered domestic abuse in that marriage, but that she had "made a vow that I would not talk about that situation because it was over 20 years ago." [ 2 ]

Bynum married Thomas Wesley Weeks, III in 2002. [ 3 ]

Early on August 22, 2007, Bynum was beaten by her husband, who eventually pled guilty to aggravated assault charges. Weeks was given 3 years probation, 200 hours of non-church related community service, and ordered to attend anger management counseling. [ 3 ] In June 2008 Bynum and Weeks were divorced. [ 4 ] There is a universal message from her life which is no matter what you go through, God's gift are without repentance and that He will still use you for his own purpose.

• Marilyn Hickey (born 1931) At numerous times in the past, Marilyn Hickey Ministries has been criticized for some of their fundraising practices, and also at times has been compared to other ministries such as Peter Popoff, Don Stewart and Kenneth Copeland. They have been accused of exploiting their audience to raise money, and using God's words as their own, promising blessings in return for loyalty. [ 4 ] Many of her followers/partners are receiving letters asking them to "sow seed" (send money) in order to reap and receive various blessings (healing, deliverance, financial prosperity). [ 3 ]
    • Kathryn Kuhlman (1907–1976) In 1975, Kuhlman was sued by Paul Bartholomew, her personal administrator, who claimed she kept $1 million in jewelry and $1 million in fine art hidden away and sued her for $430,500 for breach of contract. [ 10 ] [ 11 ] Two former associates accused her in the lawsuit of diverting funds and illegally removing records, which she denied and said the records were not private. [ 12 ] According to Kuhlman, the lawsuit was settled prior to trial. [ 6 ]
    • Aimee Semple McPherson (1890–1944) In Milton Berle: An Autobiography, Milton Berle claimed he had a brief affair with McPherson in 1930, saying he met McPherson at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles where both were doing a charity show. Upon seeing her for the first time, Berle recalled, "I was both impressed and very curious ... She was all dignity and class when it came her turn. The house went wild when she walked out into the lights." Backstage, she invited him to see the Angelus Temple. Instead, Berle wrote, the two of them went to lunch in Santa Monica, then to an apartment of hers where McPherson changed into something "cooler [...] a very thin, pale blue negligee." Berle said he could see she was wearing nothing underneath and that she only said, "Come in." Berle said they met for the second and last time at the same apartment a few days later, writing, "This time, she just sent the chauffeur for me to bring me straight to the apartment. We didn't even bother with lunch. When I was dressing to leave, she stuck out her hand. 'Good luck with your show, Milton.' What the hell. I couldn't resist it. 'Good luck with yours, Aimee.' I never saw or heard from Aimee Semple McPherson again.
    • Joyce Meyer (born 1943) On November 6, 2007, United States senatorChuck Grassley of Iowa announced an investigation of Meyer’s ministry by the United States Senate Committee on Finance. [ 21 ] Grassley asked for the ministry to divulge financial information [ 22 ] [ 23 ] to the committee to determine if Meyer made any personal profit from financial donations, asking for a detailed accounting for such things as cosmetic surgery and foreign bank accounts and citing such expenses as the $23,000 commode mentioned earlier. He also requested that Meyer's ministry make the information available by December 6, 2007. In her November 29 response to Grassley, Meyer notes that the commode is a chest of drawers. Meyer writes that it was part of a large lot of items totaling $262,000 that were needed to furnish the ministry's 150,000-square-foot (14,000 m 2 ) headquarters purchased in 2001. She said the commode's price tag was an "errant value" assigned by the selling agent and apologized for "not paying close attention to specific 'assigned values' placed on the pieces." [ 24 ]
    • Sister Paula Nielsen (born 1938) America's only prominent transsexual televangelist

Melissa Scott (born April 10, 1968)

Melissa performed as Barbie Bridges in adult photos and videos produced by Vivid Productions.

Melissa became coupled with Dr. Gene Scott in 1995 during his pony girl phase of paying models to attend his church in the front row, while requiring the rest of the audience to stand and give the ladies an ovation when they entered.

In 1996, Melissa divorced Paul Pastore and Gene Scott divorced his second wife Christine.

Some doubt the credibility of Dr. Scott’s claims that Melissa spoke 15 languages and has an IQ of 186, particularly when Dr. Scott’s doctors had to tell her to stop feeding Dr. Scott herbs which were interfering with his prostate cancer test results and treatment. Dr. Scott died of terminal prostate cancer in 2005.

Controvery surrounds Pastor Melissa Scott as she hammers volunteers for free servitude, demands money to pray for callers and insists that those who have stayed in her church double and triple their monetary giving and time to help her make ends meet. This is amid court documents and reports that she has been liquidating cars, horses, and real estate that Gene Scott acquired through church donations, to buy herself a downtown L.A. swank condominium and further her own celebrity preacher and singing acclaim.

Recently, Pastor Melissa Scott raised eyebrows within her church by an about face plan to teach the prosperity doctrine, with a catch. It’s prosperity for her church and the mostloyal who have devoted their lives to it, not for the poor,homeless, meek, weak or disenfranchised

• Paula White (born 1966) Paula White has received criticism from some Christians for promoting a prosperity gospel. [ 12 ] Paula White’s ministries took in $39.9 million in 2006, according to an audit of Without Walls and Paula White Ministries released in June by an independent Clearwater accounting firm. Paula White used about $28.6 million to help promote her church's programs, conferences and outreach efforts, the audit said. [ 9 ]
  • chickpea
    chickpea

the passion behind the reality of a very active
    local chapter of a national advocacy group in
    this tiny upper midwest town belongs to a
    female lutheran pastor, whose commitment
    to justice and equality inspired me to accept
    a position on the Board of PFLAG Washburn...

she wears me out with her religiosity, but
    she is dedicated to human rights....

my response to her genuinely spontaneous
    "PRAISE JESUS" is usually smart ass, like
    "and the panoply of gods preceeding him"

• dgp
    dgp

Marked.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes that was Paul who said HE didnt allow women to preach.

Just like some men today..who want to be BOSS !!! I think
    Women are great preachers .... Men today ( some,many)
    STILL like to lord it over women..I wont take that ANYMORE!!!

• St George of England
    St George of England

I am very much in favour of having women do far more in the congregation including teaching.

There is a wealth of unused talent out there being wasted while incompetent Elders and Ministerial Servants perform duties for which they are neither capable nor suited.

Romans 16:1 speaks of Phoebe who was a minister; compare that scripture with 1 Timothy 3:12 using the Interlinear Greek Scriptures.

George

P.S. Just don't let the near the spiral binding machine!!!! (Only joking)

• ssn587
    ssn587

The WTBTS doesn't want intelligent women or women ministers they just want compliant slaves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit