• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Outlaw, those are the funniest "toolbelts" I have ever seen

one size fits all

• Ding
    Ding

Loyalty to Jehovah = Loyalty to the GB

Obedience to Jehovah = Obedience to the GB

A person is a loyal JW until this stops making sense to him.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Yourmomma said "I think the mid 90s were a time when the GB didnt chest thump as much"

I agree. Henschel, Sydlik, Swingle, & Barry were for the most part, pretty approachable and humble. I think they were a bit more balanced about their role than this new crew. I personally heard Sydlik really push higher education. He also had the least hard-lined stance on disfellowshipping.

Those guys are gone now. It does seem that Jaracz was running the show and now you have his leftover cronies. Losch never did fit in, and some things he can be pretty hard lined about. I think they just needed a truly multilingual GB member to give talks internationally. He fit the bill. But in return they got his often space-agey ideas. But royalty needs a jester. What's a circus without clowns?

Now it's changed. When you hear talks by Morris and he's pleading with the audience to "join their ranks" - there is no doubt, they're groveling.

When you hear Lett compare higher education to trying to use a gun to shoot out a brain tumor - you sense they have a true fear of losing their power.

When you hear Splane arbitrarily say the org was chosen by God in 1916 - you have to see it for what it is, an desire for a blind following like every other religion.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I thought it was Losch that compared college to shooting yourself in the head?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit