Is the term blasphemous to severe

by booby 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• booby
    booby

Following GB equals following Christ (Visual Aid)

I checked out that thread and found it quite amusing until I was prompted to check the article itself. If this is not blasphemy then I do not know what is. Not bad enough that they claim "In this time of the end, Christ has committed "all his belongings" all the earthly interests of the Kingdom to his "faithful and discreet slave" they feel the need to add "and its representative Governing Body, a group of anointed Christian men" and look at how clearly their cited bible text proves that premise (not) (Matt. 24:45-47) "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings.

However they are not finished yet. Now they feel it necessary to narrow it down even further.

The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ

• Ding
    Ding

Whatever happened to the GB being a group of humble men?

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Booby, that is the reason I think the visual aid speaks volumes. They try to hid behind the scripture in Matthew, but as the same time elevate themselves to speak for Jesus. I think anti-christ describes them better.

Ding, they are very humble, they remind us all the time.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

Ding,

when I came into the religion in the mid 90's, that exactly is how it was explained to me. I had an issue with the pope, and asked about the difference and was told that I did not have to agree with everything that the faithful slave said, and if I disagreed I could keep it to myself. If at that time the faithful was printing the bold and chest thumping articles they are now, I would not have become a witness. I think the people who told me that stuff were just as deceived as I was. I think the mid 90s were a time when the GB didnt chest thump as much, but if you look at articles from the early to mid 80's, they said alot of the same things they do now. Although now its way worse and more in your face. They are shooting themselves in the foot because I know people who were going along in the religion, content, not really thinking about things and then these articles come out and it turns them off and they begin to question. The watchtower is some cases is doing the apostates work for them as they are turning people off to the religion with how they are demanding everyone submit to their authority. Its a strange time in watchtower land, and its crazy to see how it has deteriated.

• booby
    booby

maninthemiddle

Just to be clear, I thought that thread was great and was not saying I didn't agree. I just was so floored when I read the actual words that I wanted to emphasis how dispicable they are. so I started another thread for "repitition for emphasis". learned that in the theocratic school.

• sd-7
    sd-7

"By following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader." Frankly, they could probably end the sentence right there, couldn't they? But, to be fair, the next word is, "Christ."

Christ = Anointed One

Anointed Ones = Governing Body

Governing Body = Christ

I doubt anyone would be too thrilled if they came back and saw their belongings being screwed over quite so badly. This, I would think, is where the real application of Matt. 25:31-45 comes in, 'if you did not do it to the least of these my brothers, you did not do it to me.'

The term blasphemous is ACCURATE. Severe? Yes. But accurate. It's a severe kind of problem: spiritual abuse. That one line sums up spiritual abuse in a nutshell.

-sd-7

• Ding
    Ding

The Watchtower leaders have always praised themselves as indispensible to the understanding of truth, people for whom we should be grateful and to whom we should be submissive. Consider the following blasphemies:

WT 1/15/1910, p. 298: "... the six volume Studies in the Scriptures... are not merely comments on the Bible, but they are practically the Bible itself..."

WT 2/1/1952, p. 80: "We should meekly go along with with Lord's theocratic organization and wait for further clarification, rather than balk at the first mention of a thought unpalatable to us and proceed to quibble and mouth our criticisms and opinions as though they were worth more than the slave's provision of spiritual food. Theocratic ones will appreciate the Lord's visible organization and not be so foolish as to pit against Jehovah's channel their own human reasoning and sentiment and personal feelings."

WT 7/1/1973, p. 402: "Consider, too, the fact that Jehovah's organization alone, in all the earth, is directed by God's holy spirit or active force. Only this organization functions for Jehovah's purpose and to his praise. To it alone, God's Sacred Word, the Bible, is not a sealed book... How much we should appreciate God's earthly organization..."

WT 1/15/1983, p. 27: "Yet there are some who point out that the organization has had to make adjustments before, and so they argue, `This shows that we have to make up our own mind on what to believe.' This is independent thinking. Why is it so dangerous? Such thinking is an evidence of pride. And the Bible says, `Pride is before a crash, and a haughty spirit before stumbling. (Proverbs 16:18) If we get to thinking that we know better than the organization, we should ask ourselves, `Where did we learn Bible truth in the first place? Would we know the way of the truth if it had not been for guidance from the organization? Really, can we get along without the direction of God's organization? No, we cannot!"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Blasphemous is good..Absurd is Better!..

......................... ...OUTLAW

• booby
    booby

Ding

it is truly amazing how a person (myself for one) could go along reading and even studying that stuff but not really seeing it for what it was. Now when I read it I am shocked at the shite I didn't bat an eye at.

Page 27 paragraph 10 is more of the same "They recognize, however, that Christ is using a small group of anointed Christian men as a Governing Body to lead and direct his disciples on earth. And again they use a scripture that doesn't prove their point at all.-Read Acts 15:6, 28-30.

Outlaw

What chew sayin?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Booby!!..

I agree with your thread..However..

The "WBT$ GB" is "way past" being taken Seriously..

"Blasphemy" is a Serious word..

The "WBT$ GB" doesn`t deserve it..So I`m not going to let them have it..

All they get is "Absurd"..And..2 Japanese guys in a Thong..

LOL!!..

......................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit