Loftus: Are We Angry Atheists?

by leavingwt 237 Replies latest jw friends

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

They were not evangelizing. Atheists do not evangelize in any remotely significant numbers.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Ok, so what was the point of the joke? What was its relavance to my post?

Worked up? Shocked

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Worked up? Are you kidding? Something "wrong"? What part of "I have no problem with the sign whatsoever" don't you understand? Did you miss the part where I said: "He has every right to post it"? I really, truly don't care if atheists evangelize. But, don't lie to me that they don't evangelize. From what I have seen, atheists get just as worked up as Baptists about the other doing evangelism.

Doesn't sound like you're worked up to me ... ahem (some of us got it, MD).

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Thought this was appropriate. Plus she's cute. Enjoy PSAC .

You Sir, are a man of fine taste and I salute you !

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Mankind is being restrained, indeed ruined, by religion [superstition cloaked in distinguished garb].

By some, yes, but not by all.

The likes of Francis Collins would disagree with you.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

I see, you have to go to a post that came after your "worked up" comment to show that I was worked up in the first place. Hmmm... Thinking

• bohm
    bohm

Mad Dawg: Well, fun was the point of the joke. I think its very apparent that Richard Dawkins has an oppinion on religion he think is important to spread. I dont think Richard Dawkins has ever tried to conceal that. So does pretty much all other religions to, and so does you and I. I made a bit fun of you because it seemed that you got a bit angry with Richard Dawkins for trying to argue religion in a public way, even though i cant really see why there is a reason to be so. Between his 5(?) books and many public apperences its pretty clear that is what he want to do :-).

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

BECAUSE RELIGION IS HARMFULL!

I mean here we are engaged in another crusade between christianity and muslims and you knobs have the audacity to say religion causes no harm!? The companies manufacturing M-16's for our soldiers and putting scriptures in the serial numbers? The soldiers handing out bibles? THis is another frigging CRUSADE!

And you pricks have the gall to sit there secretly KNOWING this is the case and say 'no no it's not...' You are LIARS and if you really believe that book of yours your going straight to hell for those lies.

Angry atheist? FUCK YES we are angry! Stop killing people, literally MURDERING people in the name of your made up bullshit and then we'll talk about not being angry!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Mkr32208,

You realise that you have just insulted all the religious people that are agianst the war and are actively doing something to stop it.

You say that religion is harmful and yes, I agree that at times Man has done horrific things in the name of religion, just as man as done horrific things in the name of pretty much anythign else you can think of, but when it is done in the name of religion it is far worse ( and that I agree 100%).

But many of great things has been done in the name of religion also, in the name of God and love and Christ.

I would have preferred you say that organized religion has been abused far to much to NOT view it as having horrible potential for harm.

And on THAT I am sure that everyone agrees.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

if you really believe that book of yours your going straight to hell for those lies.

That one made me chuckle. Book and Hell in a statement from an atheist, geddit? Nevermind.

I would have preferred you say that organized religion has been abused far to much to NOT view it as having horrible potential for harm.

And on THAT I am sure that everyone agrees.

I think I do, PSacramento. but not entirely sure. The statement is true but it puts emphasis on the potential. A great deal of harm has been done and is being done in the name of religion. That's not potential. It's actual.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit