Fox News: 'Heaven Is For Real'

by whereami 68 Replies latest jw friends

• cult classic
    cult classic

Palimpsest - good comparisons.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Certainly no one is better qualified to ascertain the nature of Reality than the indocrinated mind of a four-year-old child.

"Jesus had blue eyes." Yeah, Jesus always wanted to be white, just like your Daddy.

• Chalam
    Chalam

PodobearIn 1981 whilst in Bethel, my appendix ruptured whilst the surgeon was opening me up... peritonitis caused toxic shock to my system and, apparently, I died.

I had what you might describe as an Out of Body experience.... I don't recall being in any other place than peering down on the team which was trying to revive me.

Awesome! I have read and listened to many accounts of those who have died and been revived, many in hospitals.

This out of body experience you have described is common, indeed I would say universal for those who have died.

See this verse for starters

James 2:26 (New International Version)

26 As the body without the spirit is dead

And these

2 Corinthians 12:2 (New International Version)

2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows.

2 Corinthians 5:6-8 (New International Version)

6 Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7 For we live by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

With love,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

How come these experiences follow religious and cultural lines.............

The Hindu sees Hindu gods etc..

• Podobear
    Podobear

I wouldn't describe my experience as a spiritual one at all... just an incredible, never to be repeated PEACE. There wasn't another world beyond, nor people I knew. Just a day and a half on life support, that passed as if it was momentary.

If you have had this experience, it does leave you with an incredible serenity. Having been racked with agonising pain... the relief and calm was beyond anything I have ever experienced in this troubled life.

For those who retain a faith of sorts... I would recommend 1 Corinthians 15, on the order and nature of the resurrection.

Wherever we end up... there is PEACE and freedom from anguish. I've been there... if only for a little while.

Podo

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    A slave of Christ... of the "Fiery" colored eyes...

I like the girl with the kaleidoscope eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7F2X3rSSCU

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    How come these experiences follow religious and cultural lines.............

Maybe it is the mind overlaying order on something it can't quite understand. So Christians see one thing, Hindus, another.

Or it could be an interpretation issue, we all see the same sorts of things, but our cultural programming leads us to interpret them differently.

All of this is just conjecture on my part, of course. I really don't know.

BTS

• designs
    designs

Experiences seem all over the board, my MIL heard 'Jingle Bells' over and over and a very close friend who was dead for several minutes had no experiences zip nadda.

• Chalam
    Chalam

I wouldn't describe my experience as a spiritual one at all... just an incredible, never to be repeated PEACE. There wasn't another world beyond, nor people I knew. Just a day and a half on life support, that passed as if it was momentary.

Wherever we end up... there is PEACE and freedom from anguish. I've been there... if only for a little while.

Sounds like you didn't have much time to look around the spirit realm.

This person had a similar experience but he left the operating room whilst he was in the spirit.

To Hell And Back - Part 4 of 9

With love,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit