by whereami 68 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
    whereami

OMG! Heaven IS for real! Thanks, Fox!

*facepalm*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVtNzONbaiU

• carla
    carla

NDE stories are always interesting especially from one so young.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Could be for real . . . or it could be the imagination of a 4 year old.

I'll know when I die. But, for now, Skeeter has alot of things to fix in this world.

Skeeter

• donny
    donny

Jesus had "sea blue" eyes? That is not very common for a person from the Middle East.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Jesus had "sea blue" eyes? That is not very common for a person from the Middle East.

That's just proof of his divinity.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I saw this the other day on the morning news and immediately felt sorry for that kid. It was obvious to me that he is being coached and exploited by the parents (and maybe some religious types around them) who want to have their day of fame through him.

We had similar things go on a couple decades ago when several flying parents tried to get their kids to set this or that cross-country record "flying" airplanes. After a couple of fatal accidents it pretty much ended. Also it reminds me of the 16-year old girl who nearly drowned in the Indian Ocean trying to sail around the world solo.

This kids religious oddyssey may not be as obviously life threatening - but just think about what the rest of his life will be like after having this kind of childhood. We, as ex-JWs for the most part, may well have had an easier time leaving and getting back to reality.

BTW, I did not see that Fox really endorsed these ideas - they just put him on as a human interest story.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

A Fox News discussion of 'Heaven' and Megyn Kelly is not present? What a shame.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Awesome! Thanks for posting :)

From Amazon

Product Description

A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back A young boy emerges from life-saving surgery with remarkable stories of his visit to heaven. 'Heaven Is for Real' is the true story of the four-year old son of a small town Nebraska pastor who during emergency surgery slips from consciousness and enters heaven. He survives and begins talking about being able to look down and see the doctor operating and his dad praying in the waiting room. The family didn't know what to believe but soon the evidence was clear. Colton said he met his miscarried sister, whom no one had told him about, and his great grandfather who died 30 years before Colton was born, then shared impossible-to-know details about each. He describes the horse that only Jesus could ride, about how 'reaaally big' God and his chair are, and how the Holy Spirit 'shoots down power' from heaven to help us. Told by the father, but often in Colton's own words, the disarmingly simple message is heaven is a real place, Jesus really loves children, and be ready, there is a coming last battle.

Heaven Is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• journey-on
    journey-on

I don't automatically discount stories like this. My mother was a staunch JW and had an out of body experience many many years during a severe illness long before we had even heard about NDEs. I think it has taken the Internet to enable people to share their experiences more openly. Of course, she could not reconcile her experience with her JW mindset. She quit talking about it, and, of course, never discussed it around other JWs.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    A Fox News discussion of 'Heaven' and Megyn Kelly is not present? What a shame.

Whatever do you mean? - they had a former Miss America do the spot - I still think that this is in bad taste, no matter what the intent may be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit