Anybody know about NEW LIGHT concerning Noah's Son's - Shem, Ham?

by Momma-Tossed-Me 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The two excerpts are from:

"Bible Questions and Answers," Golden Age, July 24, 1929, p. 702.

"Of One Blood All Nations of Men", Golden Age, June 26, 1929, p. 613.

• pirata
    pirata

Thanks Leolaia!

• undercover
    undercover
    Shem was one of the original three Stooges, IIRC.
    "Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck! Oh? Wiseguy, eh?" - Shem

Shem(p) was one of the origional three though most people think it was Moe, Larry and Curly. Curly replaced Shemp early in their film career. But then Shemp replaced Curly when Curly suffered a stroke and could no longer work. It was Curly who had the signature "nyuck, nyuck, nyuck" and "Oh! Wiseguy, eh?"

And that is your Three Stooges history lesson for the day, which is much more important and entertaining than any of Noah's three stooge sons...

• besty
    besty
    Among JW old-timers, it is still quite common to believe that there are "three races of mankind - the black, the white, and the yella" as I recall one such old-timer explain it to me, corresponding to the 3 sons of Noah.

I always wondered why there were so few JW's in Bangladesh...

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

lmao @, well, everyone on this thread....

• Heaven
    Heaven

LOL you guys! I'm crackin' up here. But seriously....

I really don't understand why anyone would name their kid after a form of pig meat.

Maybe he's the reason Dr. Seuss wrote "Green Eggs and Ham".

• GrandmaJones
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Just to be fair, I quote some more up to date comments on Canaan and the curse. I am not aware of any changes to this subject :

Insight p 1023

"Some persons have incorrectly held that the black race and enslavement of members of that race resulted from the curse pronounced upon Canaan. On the contrary, the descendants of Canaan, the cursed one, were not of the black race. The black race descended from Cush and possibly from Put, other sons of Ham who were not involved in the incident or the curse"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit