Anybody know about NEW LIGHT concerning Noah's Son's - Shem, Ham?

by Momma-Tossed-Me 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Any neeewww newwwws on this?

• blondie
    blondie

Shem = Semite = Abraham--------------------------------------Jesus

Ham = Nimrod................................Canaanites

• sabastious
    sabastious

I think I am going to name my next son Ham, wouldn't that rule?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Hell, I'll name my next KID Ham even if it's a girl.

It's one of those names that can go both ways, you know?

-Sab

• baltar447
    baltar447

Ham=Bacon. Shem=No Bacon.

You decide.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Ok, Blonde maybe that is it.

I was talking to another exjw yesterday and he said that his brother who is just exiting was confronted by his in laws who said the new understanding was that the one who was cursed was not cursed but another one of the son's was.

I don't know it's was Greek to me.

I think it is in a new Watchtower.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Have I been missing too many meetings? Is the fact that I am no longer reading current publications making me feel completely dumb? I don't know what everyone is talking about. Help!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Oh wait that's old light.

• blondie
    blondie

Ham was cursed indirectly (?) since it was his son Canaan that was considered the direct culprit. Ham was black but Canaan was not but looked Semitic.

Genesis 9:18-25 (New King James Version)

Noah and His Sons

18 Now the sons of Noah who went out of the ark were Shem, Ham, and Japheth. And Ham was the father of Canaan. 19 These three were the sons of Noah, and from these the whole earth was populated.
    20 And Noah began to be a farmer, and he planted a vineyard. 21 Then he drank of the wine and was drunk, and became uncovered in his tent. 22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brothers outside. 23 But Shem and Japheth took a garment, laid it on both their shoulders, and went backward and covered the nakedness of their father. Their faces were turned away, and they did not see their father’s nakedness.
    24 So Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done to him. 25 Then he said:
    Cursed be Canaan;
    A servant of servants
    He shall be to his brethren.”

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Oops, that's old light too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit