Jehovahs Witnesses taught that Armageddon would occur in 1914,1915,1918,1921,1925,1932,1941 and 1975. Who is the father

by Little Imp 33 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

1975 ... I was a mother of 4 children, preparing in every way I could for a event that would descend upon us overnight.

I could only imagine us being thrown into 'concentration' camps. Tried to make little emergency packs for each of us!! I still carried on with my Bible Studies, teaching them all this 'stuff' and running around the neighborhood with the warning Flyers!!

1975 ... came and we kept watching.

The Year was running out ... but by Autumn (Oct?) guess what happened???

MALAWI! Brothers being unmercifully beaten, raped, sat in the sun for days on end with no water. REMEMBER having your emotions so worked up that you wrote to all those Officials in Malawi, listed in the magazines, to demand our that Brothers be set free!

REMEMBER? ..well we could think of nothing else but our Sisters being raped with broom handles and we MUST stop it! Write more letters!

We forgot about Armageddon 1975! We forgot about all the lies that were told us.

The Society now had a new way to distract us from their Failure.

And only later do we discover that this disgraceful treatment of our African Brothers was only caused by the watchtower telling them a terrible lie. There was no reason not to buy a card, no reason for this to happen ... except that it sure made most of us forget 1975!!

Until I and many thousands of others who lived through these years die, they can't cover it up!

clarity

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Forgot about Malawi. Yeah, you are absolutely right. It was all over the covers of the Awake! and Watchtower mags. The focus shifted dramatically away from 1975.

I would have been a boy crazy young girl at the time. I clearly remember the guy I had a crush on while working in the food service tent

Heh. Nothing to be ashamed about there, for sure. But I'm hoping some other people will remember the speech more clearly.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Maybe not ashamed, but I have though MANY times over my life, how darn lucky I was I didn't marry a dub. I shudder to think.

Was Malawi after '75? I remember feeling like "if only we had our chance to prove ourselves like those brothers in Malawi". Geez I was a dumb kid!

• clarity
    clarity

Berengaria,

Yes the persecution of the African brothers raged through most of the 1970's and mostly we didn't hear of it. December 1975, it became front page news in Watchtower's literature! FYI, below is the experience of an elder.

>

"We arrived at the Kingdom Hall for service and the same old gang was hanging out and doing the same old thing; Laughing and joking around. Most of the jokes referred to the end of the system and the "We’re still here theme," along with an occasion of, "The years not over, yet. The end will come as a thief in the night.

I guess I was the only stupid one there, because I deeply believed what the society had prophesied would occur. I kept my questions, doubts, and opinion to myself; after all, I didn’t want to be the only one questioning the Channel of God thus being labeled a doubter. Repeatedly as I waited for the meeting to start my mind played the question, how will the society present this unfulfilled prophecy?

The unfulfilled prophecy embarrassed me, but did not cause me to loose my faith in the Society as being God’s Earthly Organization. I was neither disappointed nor elated over the unfulfilled prophecy. Deep down in my heart, I felt maybe God delayed the end because the work was not complete and this lull in time may give my brother and his family the opportunity to enter into the life saving ark.

The month of December arrived and I thought, God there is only thirty-one days left of this year. I was still clinging to the theory the end was still going to come. I was the one in 1972 who didn’t landscape his yard. What was the use? Fire and brimstones would rearrange it anyway. I was just beginning to settle down from missing Armageddon when a special letter from the Society to all USA congregations came and it told of the blatant persecution, killing, raping and taking the homes of brothers and sisters Malawi.

The Society engaged with the suffering of our brothers once again in Malawi, and a crescendo was written into the act, which was highlighted by a cymbal-clashing announcement in December 1975. It turned our attention from the unfulfilled prophecy of the end of this system, to the renewed issue of Malawi. The December 1975 "Kingdom Ministry" (km 12/75 2) page 2."

thedreampushers.blogspot.com/2008/10/chapter12-significance-of-1975.html

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit