Jehovahs Witnesses taught that Armageddon would occur in 1914,1915,1918,1921,1925,1932,1941 and 1975. Who is the father

by Little Imp 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Little Imp
  • I saw a very long thread on Answerbag answering the above question in which there are several JWs responding and denyng vehemently what is said in the question. In some places being quite rude to people. The dialogue highlighted yellow is me, the text highlighted blue is someone who is agreeing that the JWs did preach this. In my replies I have tried to be ultra polite and not letting on how much knowledge I have about the faith. What does everyone think?

• The two replies highlighted pink and green are two JWs responding.

• I work with a very nice Jehovahs Witness. He was brought up in the faith and he remembers 1975 clearly. He said he and his family attended assemblies where the main topic was Armageddon in 1975. They were discouraged from further education but to take up full time door to door work.

I have also spoken to an old lady who has knocked on my door over the years and she says the same too. She also mentioned a book that was printed called "Millions now living will never die." She has promised to bring her copy for me to read as I find reading about religion very interesting.

I hope this helps.

• Thank for your input. It seems that many JW's defending their fath have short memories about what was in fact said in the past. Oh well, that's their problem.

• Well I suppose I can understand someone defending something that is important to them but there is no shame in admitting when a mistake is made. I have a lot of time for these two people as they are both very honest, which, quite frankly is what I would expect from someone claiming to be a Christian.
      • "He said he and his family attended assemblies where the main topic was Armageddon in 1975"

hat we have here is hearsay from you that is supposedly hearsay from someone else. Keeping that in mind, are you saying that there were several assemblies where they said that Armageddon was going to happen in 1975?

Did your friends also say mention the assembly referenced in the 1975 Yearbook or the quote in the 1975 Yearbook itself?

From nick batchelor on September 21st, 2010 above:
        [In the 1975 Yearbook you can read of this experience:

"At the convention held in Baltimore, Maryland, F. W. Franz gave the concluding talk. He began by saying: "Just before I got on the platform a young man came to me and said, 'Say, what does this 1975 mean?'" Brother Franz then referred to the many questions that had arisen as to whether the material in the new book meant that by 1975 Armageddon would be finished, and Satan would be bound. He stated, in essence: 'It could. But we are not saying. All things are possible with God. But we are not saying. And don't any of you be specific in saying anything that is going to happen between now and 1975. But the big point of it all is this, dear friends: Time is short. Time is running out, no question about that."]

Ask your friend what the August 15, 1968 Watchtower says in relation to 1975.

According to the Bible, how long was the Babylonian captivity?
      • Very true Tex. What could they say back then “That it is NOT going to be in 1975”?
        Just like today. What Christian could say that “It will not be in 2010 or 2011”?
        No one knows. That is the po

• Thank you both. I will certainly ask my colleague at work and also the old lady who I regularly discuss the bible with and I will also ask the questions that you have given me as it seems interesting.

A question for both too please, were either of you JWs in 1975?

Thank you for your interest.

• ProdigalSon
      ProdigalSon

I was 8 when I started studying in 1969. By '73 I was fully indoctrinated and got baptized a week after turning 12. I vividly remember how certain we all were that it was coming in '75. It was totally believable, given how rapidly everything was going downhill at the time, and considering that the world had been indoctrinated for decades through the media (and fallout shelter signs everywhere) that a nuclear holocaust was only one push of a red button away.

The world didn't end then, and it isn't ending now.

The Watchtower and FoxNews work for the same entity.... the God of Fear, also known as you say, the "Father of the Lie".....

....Satan the Devil

~PS

• Little Imp
      Little Imp

I knew nothing about the JWs in 1975 but my husband was born in and he was 16 that year so has a clear memory of it. When I saw the thread on AB with the witnesses completely denying it I was astounded so thought I would pen a polite reply. I cannot believe that they say that it is just "hearsay", how is it so many people lived through it and remember it if that was the case.

Needless to say, neither of them has replied to my question asking if they were witnesses in 1975. I suspect that they weren't and they won't reply to my question.

LI

• GrandmaJones
      GrandmaJones

They need to talk to some of us who were there, and I hope they do so. They are the ones talking about something they were not there to remember. I have clear memory back to the early fifties, and let me tell you, I heard it all the time. I almost didn't have children.

• Little Imp
      Little Imp

I sincerely think Grandma Jones that if they did talk to people like yourself and my husband they would just say it was apostate lies. My husband says that all they have to do is say something is apostate and everyone backs down and will believe what they are told to believe rather than what truly happened.

LI

• mamalove
      mamalove

Most JW's will admit it. I have never heard one not admit it. I remember my own staunch mother sheepishly telling me about it one day. The ones who deny it are ignorant asses.

• Little Imp
      Little Imp

Thanks Mamalove.

I must admit my in-laws do admit it too. However, if you ever have time you should look at the site Answerbag they all see to completely deny it. What I cut and pasted above is only a snapshot of what they say on the subject. It is truly amazing they just seem to be in complete denial and get quite rude to people who dare to challenge what they say. Hence, why I kept my responses super polite.

LI

• Witness 007
      Witness 007

By 1975 Franz knew that Armagedon was not coming in the next few months so as his Convention speach shows he "back peddled" and tried to put out the fire.....in the 1968 Awake however he said it woould "be a matter of months not years...{1975} he must have died a broken man realizing how many thousands left the truth due to his lies.

• wasblind
      wasblind

Well I know one thing they can't deny, and that is the claim that the generation that actually saw the events of 1914 would be the ones to see the big "A"

to much fresh info out there to prove it

• straightshooter
      straightshooter

I remember one witness insisting that I was wrong about 1975 being declared as Armageddon coming. I showed him one of the magazine articles on the subject but he insisted that I was taking it out of context. I told him that at the Keep On The Watch district conv that they claimed that they made a mistake but they did so out of helping ones to keep on the watch. He told me that I was making this all up. These witnesses never want to admit that they were ever wrong.

• Share this

Google+
      Pinterest
      Reddit