Would you do a mind-meld with other people? Who? Any conditions?

by Markfromcali 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Just for fun, I guess the idea of the Vulcan mind-meld is the most popular idea, although for a good visual you might think of the mental equivalent of Odos people from Deep Space Nine. For the non-scifi geek there was that part in Cocoon that might be a better reference, and that recent episode of American Dad.. Anyhow it's pretty much in the subject title of the post. What or how would you do it? Any filters? What about more than one person, or heck throw in other species maybe, if it's not going to take away from anything you already got?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hmmm, probably not. Body meld? I think I'd body meld.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Mark are you talking about the "Swimming pool " Scene from Cocoon ?

Snoozy

• Satanus
    Satanus

A meditation focused on the person might do it. 'Course, you need have your own stuff under control and out of the way, so it doesn't interfere or masquerade as the other person's stuff. People have a few layers, so what you get, at first may need to be ripped away. The book 'basic psychic development' by friedlander and hemsher has some exercises on this.

I have found what i got through this on different people to be fairly accurate. Also, when i did it on people that i had problems w, they were really nice to me, afterwards. It seems to establish a lasting connection w people. Since i don't want too many of those, i don't do this too often.

S

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Nope. There are some things people have done or think about I don't want to know about. Now, if I was a forensic psychologist or something like that, it would be an awesome ability to have.

• Satanus
    Satanus

What i mean is that people sometimes wear masks. You can remove them.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

The life of a vulcan is not for everyone. Well, nobody, really.

S

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't believe in mystical "soulmates" out there waiting to be found. But I do believe my wife and I have become as close as those mythical soulmates in many ways, so that's close enough.

I would mind-meld with her and allow her to experience the mindset of how to dismiss the bullshit of WTS for what it is. I wouldn't mind doing the same for my mother.

• Satanus
    Satanus

You and your wife might like yabyum - http://www.sexyspiritualrelationships.com/plugins/article/article/articleDetail.php?article_id=693

http://www.sexcoaching.com/TantraCoach3-TantricSexPositions.php

I put a couple of links, so the thread doesn't get locked. The key things are: use a sturdy chair, focus on breath, keep eye contact, do it really slow. Combine the spiritual w the physical.

S

• sabastious
    sabastious

TREKY ALERT!

(I am one too).

Dude Odo's melding would rule.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit