Secrets to the exit -- so long Watchtower!

by Marie B. Paraison 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Marie B. Paraison
    Marie B. Paraison

I agree that truth is progressive—we need more time to understand. This is the excuse given by the members of the Governing Body for the changes in their understanding. Should not this latitude be granted the other religions? Should anyone relegate the other religions to falsehood/nothing to learn from them? Though the truth is – every religion has some truth. This is what makes searching for truth more intriguing and makes life more interesting. Widening my interest to include learning what many other students of the Bible teach makes my life more joyful and I have been spiritually enriched by these talents. The current position that the Jehovah’s Witness organization takes is critical of other religions and it only causes division.

I don’t know all the religions in the world, nor do I know of a religion that is entirely good or entirely evil. Nonetheless, to spend time and energy and money in defending a religion can be wasteful. In perspective, it is not practical to forgo all ones previous beliefs that have a sound foundation in the word of God, only to embrace other beliefs that contain errors.

Are you in favor of God’s Holy Spirit or do you prefer religion? If I recall correctly the governing body never acknowledged that the guidance of the Holy Spirit is available to the individual members of the congregation apart from their direction. They publicize that they have it and everyone else is subordinate to them. I am a person of activism. I don’t like to see the essence of the individual trampled on. This is why I point out that 1Corinthians 3:16 and 1John 2:26,27 apply to you.

The Bible is a book that if you can find it’s secrets you can claim them. The Holy Spirit is enabling. Ironically, the advantage that I had was a very troubled health which led me to change my diet completely. We find a comparable example in the Bible character Daniel who refused to eat the scrumptious meals while in Babylon, thereby he discovered the secrets within the scriptures. He would otherwise not have had anything to share with the world of mankind. Beware! It is not granted to anyone on earth to change the name of God to suit various languages. God’s name is Holy, therefore it should not be tampered with. Islam has this concept right! "One Lord, one faith, one baptism" ( Ephesians 4:5). This scripture can hardly be mentioned in the same breath with a God who has a different name in each tongue, tribe and nation. Moreover, generations before us did not witness the realization of this scripture, who knows how much time Jehovah/Yah will allow to lapse before we witness it’s revelation. Many religions have prematurely garnered it, the corollary of it is – they have been keeping a crowd of loyal members.

God’s very best for his servants looms larger than life at the present because of the limitations that we place on ourselves. "And they will by no means teach each one his fellow citizen and each one his brother, saying: Know Jehovah! For they will all know me, from the least one to the greatest one of them."( Hebrew 8: 11). Some people will relish these winsome words and not postpone this scripture to an uncertain distant future. Better still, others will not play down this scripture as the quotation of an adage of no consequence to themselves.

Godspeed brothers and sisters,

Marie B. Paraison

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

more bullshit and crap spewing from Marie

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

It's Sunday - it's "her" day to do her preaching work.

• moshe
    moshe

MBP- accordding to the "I write like" , website you have the writing style of Dan Brown- author of the best seller, "The Da Vinci Code".

True to form, your words also fall into the fiction category, but the difference is Simon makes the money here, you don't.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Progressive understanding. That means that a person can believe the Bible and then, one day, realize that the Bible lies or that it is full of examples of God's tyranny and no longer want it.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I don't get the point of this communication. What's the purpose? And who is M.B.P.?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

n what r d secrets?

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you all have peace! Well. For the first time since coming here I am a little frightened. No, nervous is the better word. More nervous than I have ever been, anyway. Not sure why, other than I fear that I am probably going to really "receive" it from you all, now. What to do, what to do? Do I please you all here... or do I tell the truth? You know the answer. I only ask that you be kind in your outcries and ridicule, if you can. Certainly to dear Marie, if not to me (yes, I know - impossible for some of you to do - ah, well...)

I do not know dear Marie; never heard of her until this post. But I must tell you that the website of the "Authentic Jews" was absolutely FASCINATING for me... and true epiphany and revelation. I cannot even begin to describe what my Lord was saying and showing to me as I reviewed it. They, dear ones... are the blood that I come from. I cannot express to you how it made me feel - there are no words - me... and African American woman with no identifiable "roots" per se... no knowledge of who I literally descended from in a modern sense... until today.

Today... was MY "birth" day, dear ones... as far as such relates to my personal roots.

As some of you may know, I have professed to being "Benjamin" almost from the day I arrived here... and I knew there were others, many others, but I did not know where they actually were. If you are having difficulty understanding why this is SO significant for me, imagine, please... you Scot... if you had no idea of your roots in Scotland. Or you Brit. You Irishman. You Chinese. You Korean. You Spaniard... French... Swede... Canadian.

Sure, I can say my "people" are from "Africa." But what part of Africa? WHO in Africa? WHERE in Africa? What kind of people were/are they? Were they hunters? Warriors? Farmers? What God did they serve? Did they SERVE a god? Or were they tribal folk who sought answers to their future and other matters in the bones of birds and animals?

Today... who I am was answered for me, even more literally than before. And modernly. I have known for some time that I am a descendant of Abraham... and a Jew by means of Benjamin's connection to Judah. (Forgive me, my heart is pounding!). I knew that many, many Jews were non-Arabic and non-European. I knew that the world did not openly profess or acknowledge this, so that when I professed to be a Jew... by blood... those who call themselves Jews would take exception, even deny it (although, I have also heard from my Lord that many of them KNOW it, which is why they are in the forefront of virtually every fight for the rights of African Americans - they know we are their brothers... and even acknowledged that truth at one time... but to openly state that now would prove detrimental to their position in the western world... something they don't want to risk, given the world's various views of them. I understand that...)

Now, does that mean I am going to jump onto whatever... well, the only word that fits for me is "bandwagon" that these ascribe to? You may be happy to know that is not what my Lord has directed me to do. He confirmed for me that (1) they are indeed Israel, even Judah, and (2) they do believe in him, the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA (yes, okay, we spell it differently, but he is the same One). But there IS a difference between us, and because of that I am now prompted to address dear Marie.

But thank you for listening to me here. I am a bit overwhelmed and kind of want to shout to the world that I am "somebody." Not to worry... I won't. I am, however, grateful to God, Christ... Marie... and today, more than any other day... this board. I realize some will look down upon and perhaps even have contempt for these people, these authentic Jews... because of their antiquated and "third world" appearance, culture, and beliefs. But that's okay for me. There are many in this modern western world who hail from the same kinds of peoples: Afghanis, Iraqis, Iranians, Indo-Chinese, Aboriginal, and more. But at least they knew who they hailed from. I didn't. Now... I do.

I bid you all the greatest of love and peace and ask that, if you can, rather than ridicule... rejoice with me, this one time. Because this is HUGE for me.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dear Marie... the greatest of love and peace to you, my sister Israel. I reviewed your other posts, the authentic Jew website, the delphi website, and listened to your video. I am certain that I am Judah, of the tribe of Benjamin. I discerned from what you've posted, what's on the websites, and what you state in your video that you have faith in the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA (who may be known to you as "Yeshua"), the Son and Christ of the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH ("Yah") of Armies.

May I ask you: have you received the promised holy spirit, the oil of exultation that is poured out from the innermost parts of his body? If so, then welcome, also, my sister in Christ. If not, then may I offer to you that all you need do is ask for it. (Luke 11:13)

In the meantime, may the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... and the love and peace of His Son and Christ, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... be upon you... and your entire household.

Your servant, as I am servant to all those of the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with... and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Though the truth is – every religion has some truth. This is what makes searching for truth more intriguing and makes life more interesting.

It is clear from your post, Marie, that you are as blind to truth as the people you criticize. If you search for truth where there are only lies then the very best you will find are lies that sound like truth. I think, to borrow a famous line from the ficticious Col. Jessep (yes, I like movies) "You can't handle the truth" because you are so very far away from it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit