Secret Santa 2010?

by Smoky 18 Replies latest jw friends

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Don't you alredy have too much on your plate, Jamie? Be kind to yourself...

V665V665

• nugget
    nugget

Jamie if you need a hand we could split the task if you do US I could do the rest of the world.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Jamie if you need a hand we could split the task if you do US I could do the rest of the world.

Nugget, that sounds like a plan to me. So, when one of us makes the initial post , we can specify that US participants can pm me with their name and address, and everyone from everywhere else can pm you. I suppose I coud do all of North America instead of just the US.

Vamp, I probably have less on my plate than most, since I don't work full time. The problem is I move slower than most, LOL! Really I'm getting a little better everyday, but sometimes the pain really gets to me. My dear husband is back to normal, which is amazing, since he was trying to take care of me while he should've been recuperating. Anyway, I think I can handle it. Thanks for watching out for me!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

From last year most people are from the US and Canada and there were only a handful from everywhere else so splitting it like that might not be very even

• nugget
    nugget

good point Lady Lee perhaps we should split it US and everywhere else so that Canada is included in the rest of the world. Would that be a more even split?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I don't think it needs to be split. It's not like hundreds of people sign up for this. Here is the link for last year so you can see what happens

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/184185/1/Secret-Santa-2009 I think there were about 25 people. Seems I didn't save any addresses

But if you get surprised and need to split it probably a better split would be western US/CAN and eastern US/Can with a bit of the rest split up say UK and Australia with the west and Europe and anywhere else with the east.

One issue for me was that sending within EU/UK took shorter mailing time that across an ocean and cost a lot more. A couple of times I paid more for shipping than I did for the gift but then some people don't mind sending overseas. Perhaps people can specify.

You will also need to get the names out preferably before Dec 1 so people can shop and mail in the hope the gifts get where they are going before Christmas

• tec
    tec

I don't have a problem doing it, unless Jamie and Nugget want to do it. It doesn't sound that hard to me, and I have lots of time on my hand, and would love to do something fun for the board.

Let me know.

Tammy

• blondie
    blondie

I'm interested...when you know who is coordinating, let me know.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Nugget is going to post about the Secret Santa shortly. Tammy, I'll send Nugget another pm to let her know you'll be taking my place. There's nothing I love more than having someone else do the work, LOL. If you're anywhere close to NE Ohio, you can come to my house, and I can fill your spare time with my holiday chores here at home too. Let me tell ya, it aint easy being queen, LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit