Secret Santa 2010?

by Smoky 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Smoky
    Smoky

Lady Lee, has to much on her plate right now.

Anyone want to take over organizing a Secret Santa 2010 this year?

I missed out last year, so kinda wanted to do it this year. Or is it gone to commercial on the board?

Smoky

Smok'em if you Got'em

• blondie
    blondie

Why don't you give it a try, Smoky? I'm doing the cards, Blondie.

• Smoky
    Smoky

I suck at organizing. Besides i think it should be someone everyone can trust with their name and address.

I dont think i have done anything to earn everyone's trust yet...

Smoky

Smok'em if you Got'em

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Aside from something organized, how about just choosing someone that you might want to give something to? It doesn't even have to be any thing, someone artistic might make something that can be sent digitally, although I seem to remember there is also a way to send stuff if you just have their email address, and the merchant would simply shoot the person an email or it might be done through say the registry on Amazon or whatever.

• blondie
    blondie

Secret Santa is a WesternChristmas tradition in which members of a group are randomly assigned other members to whom they anonymously give a gift. Often practised in workplaces, or amongst large families, participation in it is usually voluntary. It offers a way for many people to give and receive a gift at low cost to those involved. It can also help you to be more environmentally friendly at Christmas time, by reducing the number of gifts given and received.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Santa

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

This is a pretty big forum, so instead of one person organizing everybody what about if people work with small groups, and so a few people who may be okay trusting one person can just have them do it? If it's big not as many people are going to have the time to do all the organizing anyway so that addresses two concerns.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

How did you guys used to do it anyway? I mean do you ship it all to LL and then she ships it to whoever or is it like X $ amount to cover the item as well as shipping?

• blondie
    blondie

No the organizer gathers the names and addresses then sends a name to one other person. They buy a gift and then mail it or have the vendor send it to the person. There is usually a thread where participants give some hints to their Secret Santa what their interests keeping the cost reasonable.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Sounds like the name assignment could easily be an automated process, and something like this site could do the job:

http://www.secret-gift.com/MainView/Login.aspx

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

If no one else volunteers in the next few days, I'll organize it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit