Funny shunning stories?

by sherry123 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

I have a "reverse shunning" story, about someone who shunned herself when she encountered me while I was still in...

I had a paper route as a teenager and was going around collecting payments. An elder's daughter who had recently been DFed opened the door at the exact moment her worldly boyfriend walked through the living room behind her in nothing but a skimpy towel. She looked like she was ready to die. She stammered "Uh, uh, uhhhhhh" and then slammed the door on me. I never said a word because I was so shocked -- more at the sight of him than anything else! And then, as I walked down the corridor of her apartment building, I heared her burst out laughing in her apartment, and the laughter kept getting louder and more genuine.

At the time, I thought that was an example of her being so horrible and evil, but in hindsight, I give her a lot of credit for it. At least she was able to laugh it off. :) I hope to have that same reaction if I'm ever shunned!

• will_the_apostate
    will_the_apostate

while walking in the hill section of the town i live in with my wife and three kids (ages 7,2,1) we walked by a brother from my old hall. even though we are walking on a three foot wide section of sidewalk and will be mere inches apart he is so desperate not to make eye contact that he fails to notice the uneven sidewalk which he trips over sending him crashing into some nearby bushes. trying to save face he scrambles back onto the sidewalk and does his very best fastwalk to put distance between him and my evil family.

• Scott77
    Scott77

On a postive note, I feel grateful for exiting the JWs religion as a single man. Otherwise, the weight of having a JW wife beside me and the kids would have been unbearable. The wife would have served as a spy for the elders.

Scott77

• life is to short
    life is to short

Scully I love your idea. That would be a blast.

LITS

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

My funniest experience so far is when I was at work- I work in a retail store downtown, there are large windows that show inside the store so you can see inside from a vehicle when you drive by

I was close to the front window showing a product to a customer & we were shooting the breeze & I just happen to look out and see my niece's husband drive by in his van. Then a moment later I looked out at just the right time and saw him drive by again, then I was looking on purpose & saw him drive by a third time!!!...then he quit

stalk much????

CHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit