Funny shunning stories?

by sherry123 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• sherry123
    sherry123

Ive had people nearly fall over themselves to get away from me? Anyone?

• asilentone
    asilentone

sherry if you want to edit your title and/or post, click on the yellow pencil the right side of your post. Just FYI.

• asilentone
    asilentone

one more thing, you have 30 minutes to edit it.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Hi sherry,

I have had some funny ones as well.

Now I try to put the shunner on the spot... I make it a point to be as nice and loud as possible Huge smiles and a big "Hello so and so, It's so good to see you" Leave it in their hands to either look like a huge butt or to have the decency to say hello.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Does it work in your favor everytime?

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Yes it does, I always walk out with my head held high and a huge smile on my face. Can't say the same for the shunner.

• Scully
    Scully

ASO,

I've tried the same approach as truthseekeriam.

Make a bee-line for the JW, arms wide open for a hug and one of those double air-kisses that JWs love to give each other, or hand extended for a handshake.

Hi!!!! So good to see you!! How's the family? etc. etc.

You can tell they are totally uncomfortable. But because they are in a public place (and because they don't want to Bring Reproach on Jehovah™ by looking like a complete douchebag in public) they behave civilly.

When push comes to shove they avoid public humiliation like the plague - especially when they don't get to dish it out.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

I have a "reverse shunning" story, about someone who shunned herself when she encountered me while I was still in...

I had a paper route as a teenager and was going around collecting payments. An elder's daughter who had recently been DFed opened the door at the exact moment her worldly boyfriend walked through the living room behind her in nothing but a skimpy towel. She looked like she was ready to die. She stammered "Uh, uh, uhhhhhh" and then slammed the door on me. I never said a word because I was so shocked -- more at the sight of him than anything else! And then, as I walked down the corridor of her apartment building, I heared her burst out laughing in her apartment, and the laughter kept getting louder and more genuine.

At the time, I thought that was an example of her being so horrible and evil, but in hindsight, I give her a lot of credit for it. At least she was able to laugh it off. :) I hope to have that same reaction if I'm ever shunned!

• Scully
    Scully

I've always wanted to try this:

Eating out at a restaurant, you spy a JW with their family enjoying a celebratory meal. (The JWs I knew would go out for dinner on their birthday, just like Worldly People™ and almost never otherwise.)

Anyway, seeing them, you make a quick trip to the restroom, past their table so they know you are in the restaurant. They avoid eye contact, signalling that they intend to shun you.

When you return to your table, you call the waiter over and inform them that you want to send a piece of birthday cake, with all the trimmings (singing, etc.) to the JW table. You tell them that it must be totally anonymous, and must be served at a certain time (around the time you expect to be leaving), and pass them a $10 tip to make it so.

As you're getting ready to leave, you whip out your cell phone with the video camera enabled. You watch the wait staff surround the JW table, place the birthday cake in front of the alpha male JW and start singing their birthday song. You walk by with your video rolling, and while shaking your head (tsk tsk!) cast a very disapproving look at the alpha male JW.

Once he's finished changing his underwear, the alpha male JW will think twice before shunning you or encouraging other JWs to shun you.

• Scott77
    Scott77

I recall a few JWs shunning me but that were relatively minor occasions, to say the least. Anyway, If they shun me, I am so happy because its beneath my dignity to associate with JWs and their strange practices. The worldly community, afterall, does not like them. They have nothing to offer other than family destruction and many other anti social behaviors they foster in new recruits.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit