marrying a jw

by dorian 13 Replies latest social relationships

• Gopher
    Gopher

Dorian,

Your girlfriend's mother sounds like a real piece of work!! Anyhow, you've made it clear that your girlfriend is thinking like a JW, and wants to please them. She is putting "her god" ahead of you, which is her choice.

Now it's time to make your choice! Hopefully you can see that you need someone who's not so tightly screwed into a phoney baloney religious system. Do yourself a favor and quit before getting even more emotionally involved.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• LB
    LB

Mother in laws can mean alot when it comes to the success of a marriage. Your mother in law to be is pretty bad. Why not knock her up? That's about a stupid a thing as I've heard, ever.

If you two want a life together, move away. Get out of that area. Tell your girlfriend that to be with you means cutting off the ties of the religion that threw her out.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Serena
    Serena

Your quote: well i dont know really what else to say all i know is that when we are toghether she feels guilty of displeasing god and that just talking to me is displeaseing her god and she has this fear that something bad will happen i am really just trying to understand how raveled her mind is or how to unravel it or something then her mother said why dont i just get her pregnant then she would have to marry me but besides that the mother cheated on the father and the are witnesses and the father cant divorce the mother becasue he waited to long to find talk to the quote on quote brothers and now he cant but thats besides the point any info??

This talk about displeasing her God sounds all too familiar to me, wow, this crap has got to be taught to all JW and really banged in their heads like a sledgehammer. Don't try to make sense of the senseless talk, it will just confuse the hell out of you, trust me, I know all to well, how displeasing it is to Jehovah to fornicate or even associate with a worldly person, how important it is to be that perfect human, and do the righteous thing in their eyes, but still I get that phone call in the minute of the night, saying not in these words but meaning them anyway "hey, I'm horny, wanna come over."

This guilt will drive you too apart, I know.

She'll neer marry you now if you have fornicated with her, you are evil, keeping her away from being almighty, blah, blah, blah...
    What will happen, a ministral servant will come to her rescue, brainwash you out of her system, get her back in the clan, and then you will be the has-been that never could be.

It hurts. Life is a bitch.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Dorian, I am not a JW. But I've had family and friends who are/were. You are getting good advice here. Don't let your heart lead you...use your head and take your time. Reading C of C is one of the best suggestions. And if your girlfriend is not able to let herself read it with you, that's a big warning. You definitely need to think about what it would be like to raise children in this type of so called "religion". If you have any faith background, I strongly suggest you call a minister or whatever and visit with them about your situation. good Luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit