God created all things. Does that mean he is worthy of respect?

by sabastious 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I understand God very well.

Oh BD. Not very Paul-like of you. When you are strong, then you are weak. Claiming to understand God very well sugests you feel strong and, as a beliver in the Bible, you must know that is when you are at your weakest.

And God does not change like scientific theory.

God in the Bible does nothing BUT change. First he exists as a creator, then as a personal friend, then as a covetor of male penises, then a demander of demonstrations of loyalty, then as a matchmaker, then as a lawgiver, then a warrior, then an arbiter and then disappears completely in favor of Jesus.

He has acted in my life more than I can conceive.

You have concluded he has acted. To presume he is giving you attention is presuming your life is somehow more important than all those poor people that die in earthquakes, disease, from hunger, etc.

So the pity goes to those that have not given Him a chance and instead decide to reject Him because of a corrupt organization of men.

So the pity goes to those that have not seen him, heard him, and instead decide to no matter what believe in Him because it makes them feel special

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

In an open discussion this can be proved.

So prove it.

When you examine the evidence, you must come to the conclusion that there is only 1 truth.

Then you MUST be held to the highest standard of evidence. That shouldn't be a problem, then.

Ready, set, go!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

We have gotten into these endless debates before NVL. You know my proofs and I know yours. My proofs are biblical prophecy where you can prove that it was written before the fact. Your proofs are based on scientific data that may or may not be accurate. It just goes around in circles. It gets really old.

What it comes down to is that I believe the scriptures to be inerrant and God breathed. You put more stock into scientific theory. That's where we can leave it.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Yes, he is worthy of respect. WE are the ones that rejected Him.

I bet you have ancestors that have committed horrible deeds. Should you be tried and convicted for those crimes?

-Sab

• Satanus
    Satanus

BD

Why don't you start a thread listing your prophetic proofs, one by one. You could list ten of them, for instance. You can then silence the critics. Or, if they were unable to stand, you yourself would be silenced.

S

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Christians are right. In an open discussion this can be proved.

Yes BroDan show us the evidence, curious minds want to know,

if your successful in showing the evidence to your claim , I will return to a

Christan based church immediately.

Jezz..... I hope he's isn't going to tell us those stories by the primitive ancient Israelites of thousands of years ago.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Excellent idea Satanus!

• sabastious
    sabastious

Brodan,

I read that you blame the Watchtower for us not trusting the Bible. I find this an ironic statement and I'll tell you why.

I can get behind the concept of Original Sin to a point. I understand that according to the Bible all humans are living with the repercussions of what Adam and Eve did, that's just basic cause and effect.

But where you and other Christians faulter is you purport that it is OUR FAULT.

What a profound statement you said earlier: "WE rejected God."

Certainly, according to Genesis and Romans, we are living with Sin BECAUSE of Adam and Eve but not only is it fallacious to blame current humankind...

It's abusive.

Think about an abusive father. He makes sure the people he abuses think it's their fault it's happening... it's sick.

That's exactly why a lot of Christian denominations have done with Original Sin.

Original Sin is merely genetics, not blame. Adam and Eve made a choice. That choice AFFECTED US. We are not to blame for it.

People have taken this concept and warped it into a means for control. They have duped you and many others to think it's your fault what Adam and Eve did (hense your remark about US rejecting God, a serious offense).

Does this make sense to you?

-Sab

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I will do that, Satan.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

You can call me Beelzebub or you can call me Lucifer or you can call me Pan or you can call me Baphomet or you can call me Morgoth

or you can call me Yama or you can call me Yazdan but don't call me Satan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit