God created all things. Does that mean he is worthy of respect?

by sabastious 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Therefore, the title of this thread needs to be reassessed.

I guess it should say IF God created all things.

-Sab

• whereami
    whereami

Once again Terry you nailed it.

• whereami
    whereami

God Delusion thanks for posting that blog. Great info on there. Is that your's or someone that posts here?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I guess it should say IF God created all things.

Disregarding everything said about him in the bible or every word said about him by man entirely.

I'd say he deserves some element of respect, as for all of his creations on earth including us,

I could only see him getting a C- average, this may have been one of his first cracks at it so lets give a little

benefit of doubt, just because he's omniscient doesn't mean he's perfect.

I'm sure his other earths out in the universe are much more improved and revised than areas.

Mind you I would like to thank him for fingers, for typing on a keyboard without them would really be a bitch.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    this may have been one of his first cracks at it so lets give a little benefit of doubt

lol, nice.

I love the prospect of an imperfect creator. I think about that a lot.

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

It is an interesting thought, an imperfect creator.

Don't know if the notion of perfect or imperfect matters that much per say, I never relaly thought about it that much.

I think that if a person looks around and sees "flaws" in nature and if a person thinks that God created the world by snapping his fingers and things came to be exactly as they are now, perhpas that person would be inclined to either see an imperfect creator or to see one that is perfect but has his reasons for making things imperfect ( the matrix complex as I call it).

Interesting indeed.

• simon17
    simon17

I would say, yes, if God created all things, he is worthy of respect.

Any creator of something impressive should be respected for his skills. There have been some geniuses of music/art/film/industry/inventions etc that created some brilliant things and were otherwise deplorable human beings. That doesn't take away from the respect I impart to them for their ability to create.

Its not a fair analogy to talk about regular parents because they didn't CREATE anything by creating a baby. They had sex. End of story. They could be completely without any knowledge, appreciation, understanding or plan when their act of "creation" happened. They might not even remember it. If a God created life, obviously it was somethign quite different.

Second, if God was the creator, I think you should owe it to him to hear his admonition on how his creation best works. If the Bible was his word, it is worthwhile to consider it. I think that is only fair and respectful on one who created you.

But lastly, after giving due consideration, the behavior of that creator will determine if your respect for his talent will transcend into respect as a ruler, as a being, and as a moral compass.

So I guess my issues overall are twofold: #1: I don't believe God exists and see no logical or factual evidence to support it. #2: if the Bible is God's message to us, then I find it hypocritical, immoral, and cruel of the creator to act the way he has, and I would then conclude that my respect would stop at his physical abilities and power.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If God created all things so they could all suffer, he is not worthy of anything more than a bad review. It does me no good that this Almighty Lowlife Scumbag made me if he doesn't allow me to fulfill my biological duty because he wants me all to his Fat Self or the witlesses to actually take possession of me, like a piece of property. Growing old and dying celibate so that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag can suck me dry or so the witless dingbats that dragged me into the cancer the first time can force me back in the second time ought to be such an embarrassment to that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag that he never gets back on his feet again. And no, I am not giving that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag anything but slaps and kicks in the face.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

If God created all things then he would be worthy of acknowledgement. Respect is another matter. In between a risky birth and certain death, humans have not had an easy ride on this hostile planet.

More day to day, hands on help from God and his hosts of angels would earn my respect.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Yes, he is worthy of respect. WE are the ones that rejected Him. I won't comment further on this thread because it is just a forum to be disrespectful to God.

I don't blame you guys for your feelings. I actually blame the WT. They are the ones that destroyed your faith and helped you get to this point where you know neither God nor who he is. It's pitiful, really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit