harder for people of color to get on gb than getting on kitchen staff?

by booby 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• asilentone
    asilentone

it is harder to be on the gb? I dont think they ever tried to be on the GB.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Booby, I was beeing sarcastic, not racist. Imagine my words in the mouth of a GB member and you will see the light.

• booby
    booby

OK yah I get it now, about sums up there view of others too. Just more meat for processing.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

Palimpsest! Where have you been? Haven't seen ya in a coons age...

I'm a regular on JWR. I check in here as often as I can, but I guess not as often as I should. :)

My father is an unbeliever so other JW's treated me like a (spiritual) bastard child, me and my sisters. They ignored my mother because of that as well.
    My mother still speaks with a heavy accent and again, my family got ignored because of that too. I hardly had any friends when I was growing up and the same went for my mother and sisters.

As a whole, my family was ignored and treated like crap because we weren't like everyone else. JW's CLAIM to be the kindest, most loving, most non-discrimnitory people on the face of the planet. The JW's discriminating against my family is one of many things that prove otherwise...

Are you positive that was due to ethnic origin, though? I don't like defending the JWs, mind you, but I have a hard time imagining them objecting to an accent. My guess is that you were a social outcast due to your father, not your ethnicity. It's pretty standard for children of non-believers, especially non-believer fathers, to be isolated like that.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

@Palimpsest,

When my mom was first being enticed into The Lie, she hardly knew a word of English at all. Maybe people felt a little awkward about dealing with that BUT is that an excuse for 9/10 ppl to completely ignore us? I don't think so. I STILL wonder why my mom stuck with it. Yes, the fact that my dad was an unbeliever added to the equation and it made for a lovely little double whammy. This lead me, over the long term, to conclude that JW's are no better than anyone else and in certain situations they behave even worse than the average person.

Thanks for the interest...

V665V665

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit