Son asked today

by crazy2try 15 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

That's a beautiful story, thank you for sharing.

-Sab

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Thanks for the post, crazy2try. Kids are great. It is wonderful to see them being saved from the Borg cult every day!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

First I think you did great with your son

But I am confused. Both parents are out. 1 brother is DFed and another is fading and only 1 still in. Why are you and your fadiing brother fading at all? What exactly are you all gaining by this? Why not just e3nd it and let the one brother deal with it. Is it worth the luing to maintain that one contact? Meanwhile you could have a much better relationship with your 2 brothers and your mother maybe even your father.

2 brothers, 2 parents and step-parents <----> 1 JW brother

hmmmm Think about it

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Yes it is very important to keep this fear mongering publishing company works out of the hands of children. The WTS doesn't care about the sensitivity to young impressionable children, only to instill the same fearful provocation to adults to further their circulation of their literature.

• ele_lux
    ele_lux

That's so great crazy2try!

I don't have any children, but one of things that was still making me question whether I should leave the organization or not was the knowledge that I was a good person because of the principles i learned as a JW. Thinking that maybe someday I would have to raise children without ever mentioning Jehovah or what he expects from them was really scary... But I see it's not the only way. And there might actually be better motivations to be good than the fear of Jehovah killing you in Armageddon...

• crazy2try
    crazy2try

To answer your quesiton Lady Lee, sorry I ramble a little. My in-laws are still very active JW's and we live very close to them but not near my family.

My hubby and I moved thousands of miles away from (my family) our home state when we first married and became involved with several congergations in our new area near my in-laws. That was over 14 years ago. We visit my family yearly. But we live very close to my husbands parents who are both very active JW's and really helped out with my kids. My kids adore them. I call them the "apple pie grandparents."

When I moved away from my family (14yrs ago) they were all still very active, but having lots of issues. Hence they divorced and my dad stepped down as a elder and then finally faded out. Very shocking. All this transpired in the last few years. Now he is a long haired hippy riding a bike. Love it. Anyways.

But we currently live in a extremely small town with a lot of fellow ex-witness friends that live locally. I would personally love to just cut the strings, but my hubby is struggling. I know the story I tell is more about me, but my husband has made some hard choices too. I don't know how else to explain it, but I am more set and ready to get out, but I need to be patient. He is mostly concerned about his parents feelings and a wonderful brother who was always there for us when we needed help, unlike many of the other brothers in the hall. My in-laws and that brother are truly wonderful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit