One reason JW's go to their Meetings

by Sour Grapes 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

The earlier you get there, the more "righteousness" you are earning, and the more "holy" you get to feel.

Getting there early means that you are setting up the bookroom, sound etc etc. Or that you genuinely seek out the company of like minded individuals. Getting there early can mean that you live alone and want to get as much company as you can when the occasion allows.

You don't always have to impute bad motive

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I myself noticed this pattern. Often, the ones getting there more than 30 minutes early are hounders and assistant hounders that are trying to get ready for the boasting session. They need to rig up the sound system, get the rags and littera-trash counters in order, make sure any notices are posted properly, and of course be ready to pounce on anyone that comes in that has been missing a few boasting sessions or only did 9 hours instead of 10 of field circus 6 months ago.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

That might apply to some witnesses. However, that is not my general impression... many go to the movies, theatre, sports events, have gatherings, travel a lot etc... Quite a few also have regular association with non-witness family.

• cheerios
    cheerios

i always used to hear: get there early so you can be encouraging to the weaker ones ... so logically, if you are there early, you are not a weak one ... looking back, i am left with the general conclusion: WTF WAS I THINKING???

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

I never went early, pretty much was there a few min before the song and a lot of times walking in while the song was playing.

3Mozzies

• Aaac
    Aaac

Why do they come so early? Because they are repeatedly told to do so (in KM).

• nelly136
    nelly136

like a dog marking its territory, some go early to ensure getting their personal parking spots. the being viewed as uber spiritual is just a side bonus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit