• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Last week I drove by the KH Thursday at 6:25 PM which is

35 minutes before the meeting starts and there were already

15 cars in the parking lot. I asked myself "what the hell do they

do for 35 minutes?" Then it dawned on me that the average

JW does not have a life. Movies, sports, wordly relatives are

all taboo. The only life they have is going to the meetings and

going from door to door counting their time.

Sour Grapes

PS could someone send a link to my PM for the new elders book?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I agree. It's like high school, you go to school and see all the people there and then go home seldom to talk to anyone again till you get back to school. Really sad. Don't have a link, sorry.

• loosie
    loosie

They have to associate with some people of like mind. Humans are social animals even JW's

• watson
    watson

Common ground and networking.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

The earlier you get there, the more "righteousness" you are earning, and the more "holy" you get to feel. Especially in comparision to all those "weak ones" and slackers who only get there 5-10 minutes before. They clearly aren't as dedicated as you are.

• watson
    watson

Confirmation! "There are other people just like me!!"

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I like the comment about the earlier you are the more holier you are.

That is so true. The spirtually sick ones come right at the starting time

or 5 minutes late.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    They have to associate with some people of like mind. Humans are social animals even JW's

Also, we are pack animals as well. We feel secure around others of a pack (like mind).

-Sab

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Then it dawned on me that the average JW does not have a life. Movies, sports, wordly relatives are all taboo. The only life they have is going to the meetings and going from door to door counting their time.

A society of isolation and fences, dear SG (peace to you!)... and the greater number of them love it this way. Why? Because none of them know how to live... as a free people. They "need" this "association" to keep them "from sinning." Without it, most of them would spiral off into a world established on pain and error. They wouldn't know HOW to treat their spouses/children/parents... HOW to be friends... HOW to be neighbors... HOW to be decent employees/employers, etc. Problem is, most of them fail in these things anyway. Because even with all of the "laws", "rules", and "boundaries"... they don't know love. So, they're even more miserable inside, some of them, than they would be outside (they would be miserable there, too, but not as much because at least they wouldn't have the guilt!). They've just convinced themselves that they're not.

I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Heaven
    Heaven

My Dad first started going because he had no plan about what he was going to do with himself when he retired and his marriage was not a happy one. He found himself very unhappy and had started drinking. The Witnesses got him when he was vulnerable.

That was over 24 years ago.

Now my Dad doesn't know why he goes to the meetings because he doesn't understand what they are saying anymore.

Sucks to grow old as a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit