RE: hillary_step oldtimer on this board

by hirotaka 18 Replies latest jw friends

• hirotaka
    hirotaka

tried to send a pm to my old friend hillary_step...lost his email and telephone number.

does anyone know what happened to him?

Thanks

H

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

You might wanna ask cognizant dissidant...

V665V665

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

He announced some time ago [2 or 3 years maybe?] that he was leaving the board behind and moving on.

He seems to have done so.

Jeff

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, hirotaka, for being on my wave length and asking. I was only yesterday thinking of him. He was very thoughtful and kind the one time we exchanged words online.

Ditto Jeff's statement and welcome to the board!

CoCo

• wobble
    wobble

He was another of the great posters on here, and a gentleman, tell him to drop back in from time to time !

• Satanus
    Satanus

Outlaw might know.

S

• Quentin
    Quentin

Hi CoCo, hope all is well with you....

Hillary, Narkissos, Alan F, Little Toe, Crumpet, Butt Light, Ozzie Oz and many others, no longer post here....Farkel and Terry continue to post, but not as much as before, Leolia as well, along with Blonde....we get used to the old timers, when they stop posting the board doesn't seem the same. Yet, it is the same, we haven't gotten atuned to new posters because they have not become oldtimers. Down the road we'll wonder where so and so has gone.

People come, people go, priorities and circumstane change for everyone.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I had lunch with Hillary today. He was as witty, charming and kind as ever. He has moved on with his life and I hope he will forgive me for speaking for him, but I think he no longer considers himself an "ex-JW" with ties to that community but just a person trying to live his life. In the end, that's what we're all aiming for isn't it?

Cog

• Curtains
    Curtains

cognizant dissident, its so good to hear that an individual has moved on with his life and no longer considers himself an ex jw. Now he is just a person trying to live his life. This is indeed what I am aiming for.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Curtains: admittedly it is easier for some than others. Those who still have close family members in the org still find it affects their life more than they wish it to. HS was fortunate in that he was not born in, no longer has other family in, and always kept his non-JW friends on the side. I think that makes it easier for one to move on.

Our biological attachments to family can be very strong and those who have to keep one foot in the door in order not to lose theirs are not to be looked down on for this. I know HS was active 10+ years past the point when he no longer believed because his beloved wife was still in and he had no regrets or apologies for that.

We each have our own individual journey in and out of the org and we cannot judge another's for we do not know what we do in their shoes. So, whatever your situation is vis a vis the borg, honor the place you are at on the journey and honor those you care about. That's the only thing important in life, I've come to believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit