left and now lost

by serein 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• letsslatejws
    letsslatejws

@ Sam Whiskey Serein has either dyslexia or somethin similar, so please dont 'diss' her - its not pleasant reading through your ignorance.....

• potleg
    potleg

It takes a while to get that JW indoctrination out of the way. You can do it. Then you'll discover the real truth which is...

It'smuch better outside the cult than in.

I also have much better friends now than I ever did as a witness.

• potleg
  • AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Serein... may you have peace! My sincere apologies for the unkind responses... and kudos for the kind and constructive ones. Please know that while most of us here are kindly, even some of the "unkind" ones have the wherewithall to be honest about their personal lack of self control, which you may be subjected to from time to time, as you were here, unfortunately.

That being said, there is another option that I don't believe has been offered to you and it is summed up in the words of Peter recorded at John 6:68. Responding to Christ's question as to whether he (Peter) wanted to go off and stop following him (as others had decided to do... and for a very unwise reason), Peter replied:

"Lord, WHOM shall we go away to?"

The point, dear one? Is that there is no "where" for you to go away to... but there is a whom: Christ. You CAN go directly to him, although I know you've never been taught that truth. Because those you used to follow didn't know it. So, they couldn't tell you about it.

Now, perhaps that's not what you meant when you made your post and that's totally okay. If it IS what you meant, however, you might wish to review the following verses, because its message really is powerful... and appropo:

“Y OU are searching the Scriptures, because YOU think that by means of them YOU will have everlasting life; and these are the very ones that bear witness about me. And yet YOU do not want to come to me that YOU may have life."

You do not need a religion, dear one. You do not need a pastor... you do not need a priest... you do not need a pope... and you do not need a GB masquerading as some "faithful and discreet slave." You don't need a leader, teacher... or mediator... other than Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:17).

And you don't need to join a church, as such is known in the world today. Rather, all you need to "join" Christ... and you will BE the church... a "living stone"... in the "temple" of God. (John 6:48-58; note the words "anyone" in verses 50 and 51, and "Unless" in verse 53; 1 Corinthians 3:16).

Again, this may not have been what you meant. If so, however, I bid you ears to hear... when the Spirit and the Bride say to YOU:

"Come! Take 'life's water'... FREE!"

Because it is in this way that those who are "lost"... are "found."

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• serein
    serein

sorry if i spell things wrong,

i do have dyslexia

but sometimes i dont put the full word in and try to make it short so spell it a bit "diff,"like just then instead of different,

some people on here are the ones im talking about when i mean not nice people, i dont mean to us worldly,

were i live most people arnt nice, they either drugies, trouble makers or sumat,and im not being over paranoid either,

even the babys toddlers run around on streets swearing,

so my house is a bit out of the way,

but if i go out that kind of problem is everywere,

so thats what kind of people i mean,

people who wont work, nasty theifing drugies and gangs,

do u realy think i should start becomeing freinds with that kind of person cos im not,

i do have a few freinds were my son plays sports and iv started to becoem quite freindly with a few they nice,

its just hard when u live some were totaly horrible,

i want to try to find freinds who are similer to me,

iv tryed churches in the past befor i started going to jws, but wasnt comfortable with there teachings either,

i do think its a prob i have not just cos of being in the jws,

im a bit agoraphobic,have been all my life, its hard making freinds and going out,

but i do try, for my kids sake, i keep it quiet no one even knows how i feel in my family as iv never told them,

i wish i could find a place church or sumat that didnt judge u and i could just walk in and sit and listen then go home with no one wanting me to join

or some kind of group who studie the bible but dont follow a religion, but want to try keeping with it if u know what i mena,dont get me wrong im, when i was young i was a biker for a wile and hung out but i was like 16 and it dint last as i felt uncomfortable and so i have done stuf tryed being out there in world befor deciding on setling down and folowing what i realy wanted to do like find the right path ,do what it says in bible, thats what got me in the jw religion in first place,

im so gulible looking for the truth,

iv always been looking since a young girl ,

so im on a path dont know were its going yet,but dont want to be drawn in to another religion,

just want to do things on my own,

everyones "diff "right

the jws didnt make me the way i am iv always been like this,

im antisocial to some degree, but not at all thinking im a better person than others and they not good enogh, just im not comfortable being in the world around me. at mo. so coming out of jw isnt a help as i felt more comfortable with the people in it as regards morals but that was it they werent realy my freinds, its leaving and not noing were to start my life now.

u know what im so pathetic im gona have to pull myself together,

iv decided to do xmas so thats a start my be next year il be singing a diff tune and be much better in myself.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    im so gulible looking for the truth,

Try John 14:6, dear Serein (peace to you!). Perhaps that will help you find the Truth... or him find you.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• simon17
    simon17

"i dont want to... be like everyone else"

This is the main thing in your case, I think. You've lived your live "special" and "priviledged" and "unique" because of what you thought God was going to do with you. Its hard to become "like everyone else". But thats what you're going to be... just another human being. Time to figure out what makes YOU "special" and "unique". You can still be special and it doesn't have to come from being part of a chosen group; It can come from within.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Serein -

i want to try to find freinds who are similer to me,

I'm sure you will, they are out there...you just gotta find them.

I hope I didn't offend you by saying it's best not to use the term 'Wordly people'. The reason I mentioned it was because sometimes when we leave the WT some of their dogma sticks to us. I used that term for quite a while when I stopped going, to the point where my daughter had to slap me up the back of the head and remind me that I too was now a 'wordly'. lol

I struggle to put down on paper what I really mean sometimes because for 27 years I didn't have a voice. Now I do.....and good gracious do I put my foot in it sometimes.

Peace to you Serein. AGuest has given you some good advice, if you're looking for Christ that's the way to go.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Serien says: "i do have a few freinds were my son plays sports and iv started to becoem quite freindly with a few they nice"

that's the key right there Lady, most of the parents who I've become friends with were parents who were active in their childrens

extracurricular activites, and they were parents who help with school activities, such as parties, festivals and feild trips and the PTA.

not only your child will benefit from these things but you will too. My daughters grown now and off in college, but the friends I made are still with me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit