left and now lost

by serein 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

What NVL said

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Just because someone is no longer a JW it doesnt mean they automatically are going to start smoking, heavily drinking, and engage in loose conduct.

Some of us started that long before we got excommunicated.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Serein I get where you're coming from ....its scary being out and it takes time to find your feet....as others have said there are wonderful people out here who respond to goodness and kindness and I'm sure you'll find friends ...unconditional friends...it isnt about 'growing up' that wasnt a helpful comment at all...its about recovering and moving on...I wish you well on the journey....

Loz x

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Ya might wanna start with a spelling and grammar program, a t least you'll be able to communicate with people. I could hardly read your post and make any sense out of it.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft
    Ya might wanna start with a spelling and grammar program, a t least you'll be able to communicate with people. I could hardly read your post and make any sense out of it.

Honestly !!! What is wrong with some of you people??? Do you open your pc and forget to use your manners or dont you possess any to start with?? And for the record YA is spelt YOU. Loz

• factfinder
    factfinder

Serein, my best friend is not a witness and does not want to be. But he is the kindest, nicest, warmest, friendliest guy I have ever known. He is a much nicer and better person than any jw. I agree with what everyone said except the "grow up " part!

Witnesses paint non-witnesses as devil worshippers. It is not true.

what chicken little said!!!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Whoever said you had to celebrate a pagan holiday when your not a JWS, I was born in the WTS and have been out for 30 years.

I don't give Xmas the light of day or Halloween. Not to mention the hundreds of celebrations out there connected to spiritualism.

• moshe
    moshe
    and i dont want to go out and live it up or go on face book or go meet loads a worldly people and be like everyone else,

99.9% of the population are not JWs- welcome to the real world= populated by real human beings, not zombie JWs.

• cherrypye
    cherrypye

Serein,

It's normal to feel like a stranger in a weird land. You've just walked away from an organization that dictated everything for you, and even decided who you should be friends with. Learning how to judge people without the JW grading scale (approved association versus not approved) is scary at first.

First, you have to decide what is moral and what isn't. And you can't simply make those judgement based on what the organization defined as appropriate conduct. There are many in the org that lived very immoral lived, and some that lived upright lives. The same exists outside of the organization. You must learn not to judge people based on the Org's standards, which is difficult, because that is all you are used to.

If you still consider yourself a Christian, you might find an open-minded church in your area and pay them a visit. Try to turn off your preconceptions, and sit through a service and watch people. They are worshipping their God the best way they see how. It might have a calming affect on you.

I remember how difficult it was. I visited a church and all I could see was "showy display of one's means of life" and lots of idolatry. Once I got pass that, I saw genuine people trying their hardest to live their life right. We all fall short. Best of luck on your journey.

• cherrypye
    cherrypye

PS - I don't celebrate holidays either. It's not a requirement of being free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit