How long is long enough to consider yourself safe?

by cherrypye 18 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

I have the exact opposite problem that most of you guys have. Witnesses call you, come by your house, etc.

No one ever calls me or comes by. I think they are glad I left.

But also, I am not doing anything they can dissfellowship me for.

cherrypie, you say you joined another religion? Than you have to keep that from them. remember the new KS-10 book says if you join another religion you have dissasiciated yourself. Also- you have family still trapped in the JW cult. I have a brother and his wife who would preach that the moon is made of cheese if the gb said to! We dont speak anymore- they disfellowshipped me over the new generation lie.

• cherrypye
    cherrypye

V665, it's a sad fact, isn't it. My husband sometimes asks me why I spend so much time here. He said, "That religion is in your past." I explained to him that it's never in your past until those we love are free as well.

Factfinder, good for you! May it continue! Scarred, I'm glad your mom was free but I'm sorry that she had to live looking over her shoulder.

CyberJ, I did move --clear across the country. We recently moved back due to hubby's job. So now the fear is back.

Oldlite, GREAT NAME!!! Perhaps this is just the impetus I need to get that lyposuction! lol

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Cherrypye...my husband asks me the same thing ...but I agree with you this 'religion' never releases its hold completely...I hope you're left in peace with your new life.

Loz x

• Open mind
    Open mind

Have you not associated with JWs for "many" years?

Good luck interpreting "many".

om

• cherrypye
    cherrypye

Hey factfinder -- I would never let any JW know that. My husband is aware, so he is careful with what he mentions to my family as well. Thanks for the advice.

Loz, I hope you and your husband find a time when you have a greater freedom too. Life is wonderful, but it would be even better if the religion misleading our loved ones ceased to exist.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I say how long is it until you just don't give a crap?

For me, it was a few months after learning the truth.

They can call me in for a JC until Jesus comes; I'm not going. I am safe. What can they do, really?

• hirotaka
    hirotaka

I've joined the 'witness' protection programme here in Canada.

h

• AGuest
    AGuest

The truth is, dear Cherrypye (peace to you!), that you will never "feel" safe... until YOU make up YOUR mind... that they no longer have ANY hold on you, that you truly don't have a problem with them coming to your door ("Please, come on IN! I have a LOT to share with YOU!")... and that you no longer care what they think of you and/or whether they DF you or not. Until you DECIDE that your family will either have to take you as you are... or leave you alone.

Living in fear... is not living. It is merely surviving... until who and/or what you fear finally catches up with you... or you die. Whichever comes first.

Choose to live, dear one. As many others have. Even more, choose to live in FREEDOM. (John 8:32, 36)

You owe it to yourself and those YOU love. Those who don't love you, as may be evidenced by how they treat you... or don't treat you... don't deserve... and so, shouldn't even have... a say. By your fear, however, you're literally giving them one.

Again, I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• factfinder
    factfinder

Hi cherrypye!

My brother and sister in law told me in july that they want no further communication with me, and returned a letter I wrote them unopened, telling me "no more letters". We had numerous discussions prior about the truth, how what is true does not change, that I am examining the history of jws, and that I will use the internet to do so. My brother does not use the internet. He told me: "satan is in your computer". The new generation teaching was the last straw for me and I told him I will never go back to the meetings. Anyway, we have had discussions for over a year and when it finally sunk in to him that I do not believe in the f&ds and will not go back to the hall, he decided he wants nothing more to do with me. He said that " you ( meaning me) are satan's mouthpiece"!

He was sending me the study W , but then stopped. He feels I do not deserve to have any of the literature. When I told him I can read it online he said that what is online is changed by satan! The idiot does not even trust the jw.org website! So we have nothing to do with each other anymore ( his choice, but now I'm glad!) tho he continues to talk with my sister and brother. They don't like jws at all and never did. but he still is trying to slying worm himself in with them and little by little preach to them.

Actually the only witness I ever see is a sister in the building I work in. She is from another cong. and misses many meetings due to her work schedule. ( the jws won't pay her rent or feed her or her kids!) I have mentioned to her that I do not accept the new generation teaching and she says I should write down the questions I have and she will give it to one of her elders. I decided against that. But she gives me the magazines and the new DC releases. Also sometimes her KM after she is done with it and used to give me the study issue when she was done but its been a long while since she gave me one of those. I told her about my brother and sister in law disfellowshipping me and she feels that it is very wrong and agrees with me that they are too judgemental. I rarely get to discuss much with her and I know she misses most of the meetings ( good!) but she is very nice to me. Yes she knows I gave up being a witness 5 years ago but feels Jehovah wants everyone to have the literature and get answers to their questions. An in depth discussion with her is not possible so I leave things as they are. I don't know if she has doubts on anything or questions anything. But she does believe armageddon will be here soon. (Very sad for her). I see her maybe once or twice a month.

I feel bad for you that you have relatives trapped in the jw cult ( ironically I used to feel jealous that others in the cong. had a lot of relatives who are witnesses and I was always alone). 13 years away is a long time. Do ones in your old cong remember you?

It is a shame you feel you have to hide from the cult members. Yes, it is good your husband keeps non related elders from you.

Well, I am not in your situation, really. I also have not done anything they can disfellowship me for. If someday the elders bother me I will tell them I will never come back and to leave me alone. (But they ignore me so I dont have that problem!!!) i would never meet with them.

I'd advise you not to meet with them either. If the worst does come and they DF you, you will find out if your relatives really love you or not.

When I became a jw many years ago most of my relatives disowned me for it ( they are all Jewish) and I never hear from them. Now because I left the jws my brother and sister in law have nothing to do with me. I am not really close with my other brother and sister. Our parents are dead. So I am used to being alone.

I hope you can stop allowing the fear of the wt cult to interfere in your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit