When a person gets disfellowshipped, why do the elders say no longer one of JW's.

by Joliette 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joliette
    Joliette

I've been meaning on asking this, and I forgot to post it when I first joined this website.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Maybe someone will give you "their" answer, but I won't.

They do this because they are a dangerous mind-control cult and this is their control mechanism. They used to say "has been disfellowshipped" or "has disassociated" but the legal department decided to choose one announcement for both to let people know to avoid the person.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Because they are told to!

31. The coordinator of the body of elders should

check the announcement to make sure that it conforms

to the guidelines outlined by the organization.

An elder should read the announcement. The wording should be as follows:

"[Name of person] is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

• Joliette
    Joliette

Wow...smh...more mind control stuff.

• sir82
    sir82

Because the WT legal department determined that that language was less "dangerous" (less likely to lead to lawsuits) than saying "So and so has been disfellowshipped".

• sabastious
    sabastious

Because Jehovah doesn't consider them acceptable anymore to be part of his earthly organization.

Good thing Jehovah isn't real, or that would really suck!

-Sab

• Joliette
    Joliette

Oh okay.

• Watchtowers Witnesses
    Watchtowers Witnesses
    Because they are told to!

This answer can apply to almost any other question about the JW's forced beliefs or behaviors. It also sounds better than saying "Let the shunning begin."

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

All legal.

And as a former elder it immediately made me laugh my ass off. A typical judicial committee goes something like this:

"Have you stopped doing that bad, bad thing?"

Now if you are NO LONGER ONE OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHAT YOU WERE DOING BEFORE YOU APPLIED FOR REINSTATEMENT???????? WHY CAN'T PEOPLE TREAT YOU AS THEY DO EVERY OTHER NON-JW........TALK TO THEM, WORK WITH THEM, ETC.??????

They completely shot themselves in the foot.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Because they are imposters, false christs, and false prophets, dear Joliette (peace to you!)... which is why they follow Paul's erroneous teaching about judging and removing from the congregation people who engage in sins of the flesh (which teaching he later changed)... instead of following Christ - the One who not only said his sheep would be expelled ("from [their] synagogues" - i.e., public meeting places where, among others things, the Pharisees would lead the reading, discussion, and teaching of the scripture among the Jews)... but who personally sought out, went after, and took with HIM... those who literally were expelled by such Pharisees.

He still does so today.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit