January 1 WT - Garden of Eden - Most inane article in a while

by eric356 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thx, Eric, will do...

I was both amused and gratified to learn that the Sumerian civilization[s], which date back several thousand years before the bible was written, were located between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.... The Sumerians became experts [within their time] at agriculture and irrigation... Their river-bottom croplands must have looked like an abundant garden to any ignorant, nomadic Middle-Eastern herdsmen who might have come across their green fields and gardens...

What an interesting coincidence...

Zid she devil smiley

• moshe
    moshe

The WT writers don't ask what the Jewish Rabbis think about the creation story in Genesis- It would rain on their parade.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

Moshe; the jw's don't even ask jewish rabbi's if God's name is Jehovah. I always ask jw;s to come the local jewish temple with me and ask the rabbi's what God's name is? since the jews were gods people 5000 years before the christians or 7000 yrs before jw's came around. IT'S a slam dunk the jw's are dumbfounded can't speak hebrew and have no Idea were the word Jehovah came from or why jews don't say the name yehwah out loud. like taking candy from a baby,

• bohm
    bohm

zid - hehe, I can just imagine a freeloading bronce-age nomadic herdswomen and her boyfriend getting their asses kicked out by an angry sumerian geezer for picking fruit in his garden, and later "improving" a bit on the story when she retold it to her grandkids ;-).

UPDATED: Now that i think about it, it must clearly have been the boyfriend who retold it - "SHE made me do it!"

moshe - what do they think?

• designs
    designs

The Garden of Eden is a little Fishing Village and Surfing spot south of Punta China in Baja, 5 miles of sandy beaches and a nice break, a sand bar off the south end where the Pismo Clams are as big as your hand. Some days the Dolphins surf with you or under you.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Is it really far-fetched to believe that a powerful
    spirit person could manipulate a serpent,
    making it appear to talk? Even humans,
    though far less powerful than spirits,
    can perform baffling tricks of ventriloquism
    and create convincing special effects.

Oh, really??? It that case the serpent was as guilty as Kermit the Frog!

So ......... why did Jebooboo steal its legs? How is that that fair, just or loving?

Is every snake on the planet, water snakes, tiny grass snakes, cobras and anacondas, the progeny of that one serpent in the Garden of Eden?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Is there any direct quotes from scientists? I'd "love" to see if the WTS quoted it correctly...

• potleg
    potleg

Yep, all the badness, disease, excrciating childbirth, growing old, lying and dying, started with a naked lady and a talking snake.

Hmmm...

Makes perfect sense if you've got the IQ of a half baked spud. (Or a bronze age goat herder. Baahhh)

• jam
    jam

ziddiana; (sumerian civilization located between the Tigris and the Euphrates rivers)

also Eden. Guess what after the flood those two rivers are still there. What is the odds

A world wide flood that would change the earth land mass, and after sailing for A year

and you end up in the same location, between the Tigris and the Euphrates. Whats

with that location, all desert waste land. I guess Noah craft A large anchor so he

would remain in the same location , God forbid if he got lost after the flood.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    The flood that wiped out all traces of Eden is a lie needed to back up the lie about Eden in the first place.

Interestingly, Rutherford once wrote that the Garden of Eden still exists, it is just buried under all that snow in Turkey and Armenia:

*** g27 3/9 p. 373 "Man's Future Home" [by Judge Rutherford] ***

IT MAY not be out of place to ask: What became of the garden of Eden? Scriptural proof is that it was surrounded by very high mountains, that it was accessible only from the east, that it is and was in the vicinity of Mount Ararat, and that Mount Ararat was the site upon which Noah's ark landed, which has since been hidden under perpetual snow. It does not seem reasonable that the Lord would have destroyed Eden; but it seems more reasonable that the Lord would have preserved it so that in His due time He will exhibit it to man.

Through His prophet Job, God said: "Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow?" (Job 38:22) Doubtless Eden is one of the treasures of the snow preserved by the Lord in perpetual snow and ice. The inspired writer of the Scriptures declares that with the second presence of the Lord He will bring to light the hidden things of darkness (1 Corinthians 4:3). The Lord Jesus himself said: "For nothing is secret that shall not be made manifest; neither anything hid that shall not be known." -- Luke 8:17.

In the light of these scriptures it is reasonable for us to conclude that when God has restored man and brought the earth to an Edenic paradise, and all wickedness is eliminated, and everything in the earth is in harmony with God, then He will unseal the secret treasures of the snow and exhibit to restored man his original perfect home.

I guess that's "old light".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit