Conscious Class: Do you still go in field service?

by brotherdan 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

BTW, for those who still go door-to-door, here's an idea for a presentation that always works.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/152657/1/Best-Field-Service-Presentation-Direct-Approach-Im-serious

om

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Welcome to ele-lux - I know the "crisis of conscience" you have experienced. Give it time, it's just the beginning of your new life!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi ele_lux. Welcome to the forum.

I have around 10 Bible students and I don't know how to go about them. I guess I'll just hand them to someone else because after all, it's their decission if they wanna become part of Jehovah's Witnesses, not mine.

Apologise to them. Tell them why you are leaving. Tell them the things that you conveniently forgot to mention while you were studying with them. The decisions they make, they will make in ignorance. Just like you did when you got baptised.

Give them a copy of this book and tell them they would be better off studying that.

Cheers

Chris

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

I know one dude who claims to be of the CC. Been a dub his whole friggin life. He still goes out, but he goes alone, for an hour or two a month, doesn't place magaxzines, and wears informal clothes, sometimes even jeans and tennis shoes (because, as he recalls, Knorr thought jeans and tennis shoes were only worn together by homosexuals). "I won't do it their way...but I'll still do it...so I don't get in trouble."

• cantleave
    cantleave

I found it really hard when I was a member of the "conscious class". I used to work rural territory (on my dorr step)and walk real slow, enjoying nature.

I had lots of calls who made me tea and gave me cakes, and even the occasional beer.

I haven't done field service since March this year, althoughI had a FS group at my house until July!!!!!!!

They would have kept it here too if I didn't tell tell them I thought it was inaapropriate, as I was struggling to attend meetings or go out myself.

• yknot
    yknot

........ Ele_lux!!!! Congrats on 'waking up', sent you an email! Even if the immediate burdens of JW life don't lift just knowing the 'truth about the Truth' has a way of changing our lives for the better........even in dark and gloomy grey skies conscious class JWs can see the sun and hear the birds singing!

• yknot
    yknot

BroDan....

FS & Yknot:

I do real 'FS' still....

Right now I seem to be left in the 'backseat' a whole lot as the Pioneers do RVs.

When I am at the door I usually play the 'supporting' role.

If I am to 'lead' I start off with the basic Watchtower question thing and wait for the 'not interested' to be said after the initial pitch.

I live in a 'rural' area and it is uber rare that anybody is interested.

If I am to be off by myself but being watched, I 'fake knock'.

If I am partnered with a person who hates FS on the weekends (usually a young JW), I do the 'were just out sharing a scripture' and then thank them for their time and walk away.......reasoning that we need to only give litertrash (tracts even) to only those who show 'true interest' versus feigned politeness. After a few houses I suggest a break of some sort....... place a tract or mag on the dash of the car while driving to break location, placing tract on table at break location and so forth so that all time is properly accounted as FS via formal D2D or 'informal witnessing' via 'silent witness'

I have been known to fake RVs and entire studies too..... the key there is to carry them long enough but short enough for them to be under the radar and gone by the time the CO visits.......

HONESTLY ONE OF THE BEST NON-FADING, TRAPPED FOR AWHILE AND NEEDING A 'COVER' CONSCIOUS CLASS TRICK IS TO SIGNUP FOR AUX OR REG PIONEERING!............Just turn in your time, fake a 'struggle or two' about obtaining time (ie on Saturday/ Sunday every 6 weeks where you are seen driving out of the KH parking lot after service meeting)

It is all a game, be a player.......appear to drink the koolaid and 'embrace the hypocrisy'

• moshe
    moshe

When you open PM's- you have to do it 2x before it will work.

I wonder how many other JWs just wake up one day and realize it isn't the truth.

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

not in about 8 months

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Yknot is my hero. I am sure that there has been some pretty awesome JWs on this site in the past, but yknot beyond anyone that I've ever seen. I think most people would agree with me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit