proclaimers book updated?

by factfinder 22 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yknot says: "Not only do we use in FS but it is our primary TMS publication this year too!"

now is the time to pick up your reasoning books, learn every flaw, and hit 'em wit it. BAM !!!!!!

• sd-7
    sd-7

I figure the DVD series will probably take care of any updating needed. The GB members are all throughout the video, from what I saw (never watched the whole thing). I figure that will be the official version of history. As for updating in print, well...they've got other things to update on. The Reasoning book desperately needs to be their first priority, 21 years and a whole lot of changes later. They could stand to revisit some of the canned responses and illustrations, too.

Do you hear me, Governing Body? Update the Reasoning book, help Witnesses do their jobs better and save them the embarrassment of encountering outdated teachings at the door. No? You mean you don't care about that? What do you talk about on Wednesdays, anyway? I mean, they just cancelled Undercovers. So that can't be it.

Update your stuff. Or I'll do it for you, you aging tub of cookies 'n cream ice cream-lookin', jive talkin' turkeys!

--sd-7

• Heaven
    Heaven

What do you talk about on Wednesdays, anyway?

Wednesdays is nap time.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey SD-7

Talk about canned responses, On page 242 in the reasoning book under the heading" if someone says" It states:

"How do you know that some future generation won't fit the prophecy even better than this one? "

By that question alone it shows that they are not talkin' about an overlapin' generation and they even admit themselves within the question that It was a prophecy.

How can they not call themselves prophets when in the question above they admit it was a prophecy.

And again, the fact that they said it will occur and it didn't made it a false prophecy

we got the ammunition folks it's the reasoning book

• wasblind
    wasblind

SD-7 says: " Do you hear me, Governing Body? Update the Reasoning book, help Witnesses do their jobs better and save them the embarrassment of encountering outdated teachings at the door. "

The WTS claims to be the "TRUTH", if and when they update the reasoning book, they will be admitting that the truth, their "TRUTH" grows old

• wasblind
    wasblind

How can the light get brighter and brighter if your snuffin' out the light behind ya ?

let me stop I'm gettin' too happy up in here

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

@ wasblind #2482

Fair point.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thanks Ann,

It's amazing that on page 242 the question they wrote leaves out any possiblity for an overlapin' generation.

On that same page The JW is supposed to explain that God is not gonna wait for another world war because

If he did then there would be no survivors and God purpose that there be survivors that's how we no it's not

gonna be another generation.

• factfinder
    factfinder

It's amazing that they have not updated the Reasoning book. So which is the TRUTH? The truth in the Reasoning book or the truth in the new overlapping generation teaching? Are they BOTH the truth?!!!!

I guess they don't plan to update the Proclaimers book. Doing the DVD series is less expensive.

How great it would be to have the witnesses meet someone at the door who has the WT on the new generation teaching and has the witness explain it to them using the info in the Reasoning book!

• wasblind
    wasblind

They have already. ME

reaction: deer in headlights

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit