proclaimers book updated?

by factfinder 22 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

Does anyone know if the Proclaimers book was ever revised/updated. My copy is from 1993. You'd think by now they would have updated it. Does anyone know? Thanks!

• yknot
    yknot

Nope you are still current!!!

But I am sure some Bethelite will read your thread and be like "".... and go running to Splane and point out if he is going to say crap like "Jah approved of the WTS in 1916' then it is time to 'update' the official history whitewash book.

Actually it would be a 'perfect' ending to the latest DVD series .....

Giggles

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS hasn't updated Reasoning from the Scriptures since 1989 either and they let jws use it as a reference for door to door with this information.

*** rs p. 97 pars. 2-3 Dates ***. As shown under the heading "Last Days," those events have been clearly in evidence since 1914. Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the "great tribulation" in which the present wicked world will end.—Matt. 24:21, 22, 34

.When will the end of this wicked world come?Jesus answered: "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father." However, he also stated: "Truly I say to you that this generation [that was alive when "the sign" of "the last days" began its fulfillment] will by no means pass away until all these things occur."—Matt. 24:36, 34.

• yknot
    yknot

Reasoning: My personal bane!

Not only do we use in FS but it is our primary TMS publication this year too!

I can't make up my mind if the WTS is just that 'miserly' or is it just that all their 'prophets' are dead?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Hey Blondie. Those Reasoning book comments are kinda back in current thinking again, if by 'generation of 1914' it is now understood to mean 'extended generation of 1914 consisting of two overlapping groups.'

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello AnnO'Maly,

The reasoning book clearly points out that the generation that was ALIVE in 1914 would see the end

by using the word Alive shows that they meant that one specific generation, also if you turn to page 14

it shows the average life span of a human to be that of 70 to 80 years, and then on page 239 is says

"the generation that was alive in 1914 is now well along in years, the time remaining must be very short."

with that statement there, it shows that they were specifying that group, and that group alone. not an overlaping'

and also they used the word WILL on page 97 and 200. using that word solidifies it as a prophecy

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks wasblind for the extended explanation.

• Room 215
    Room 215

The Reasoning book has become for the present-day JW what the old Rutherford phonograph was to Rutherfordites -- a crutch to lean on, rather than one's own personal knowledge

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Blondie I ain't got nothin' on you, your an encyclopedia,

you don't know how dependant I have become on your post

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Next time I go out in FS I will use this as my topic... and then say 'just kidding'

*** rs p. 97 pars. 2-3 Dates ***. As shown under the heading "Last Days," those events have been clearly in evidence since 1914. Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the "great tribulation" in which the present wicked world will end.—Matt. 24:21, 22, 34

.When will the end of this wicked world come?Jesus answered: "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father." However, he also stated: "Truly I say to you that this generation [that was alive when "the sign" of "the last days" began its fulfillment] will by no means pass away until all these things occur."—Matt. 24:36, 34.

Sw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit