A Brother on "Wheel of Fortune!"

by watson 19 Replies latest jw friends

• trueblue
    trueblue

he mentioned that he works on the "RBC" committee to help build places of worship in his community

I thought they were places to learn, not places to worship

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Jehovah's Witnesses now allowed to gamble/do lottery. Its official. LOOK. Page 136 of new secret Elders Flock Book: If a person makes a practice of gambling and after repeated counsel unrepentantly pursues a line of greediness, he could be disfellowshipped from the Christian congregation. However, elders would not want to get involved in what publishers do in this respect unless spirituality is endangered....

• asilentone
    asilentone

Amelia Ashton, Welcome to the board!

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

A sister in my old hall was on wheel of fortune. This was back in the early 80's when the show was really hot, she won the equvalent of about $25,000.

She was the daughter of a promenent elder, so yeah, gameshows are A-OK.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I saw the show and picked up on the "RBC" comment. I kind of figured it out after he said he had a cleaning business and worked at a restaurant. Poor guy didn't win much.

• wasblind
    wasblind

No aSphere,

Just because she's an Elduh's daughter doesn't give her a pass, she didn't wait on Jehovah

she went on a gamblin' show

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Jehovah, please make this dices give me a 5:2 or a 6:1 at least! Please, in Jesus' name! Amen.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

How is "Wheel of Fortune" gambling?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

The clue is, "People that are smarter than you"

_ P O S T _ T E S

Pat, I'd like to solve the puzzle.

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

I think it was the CA in 2008 that there was a symposium that warned against watching game shows because of the snare of materialism. It was a genuine WTF moment. I know sir82 posted a thread on it but I can't find it, hopefully he will chime in on this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit