(For Christians) Why should Muslims question the Koran?

by SweetBabyCheezits 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DanaBug
    DanaBug
    In either case, should he be held accountable by the Judeo-Christian god for his perspective (and actions or lack of action) since he has been immersed in Islamic culture/environment his entire life?

The answer is YES. He is already condemned.

Romans 9:10

I also find it fascinating that Christians believe some are condemned by God before they are born.

What makes you think it's just "some" who are condemned?

What's amazing, is that God chooses to save some before He created the world.

Yes, we're all condemned from birth, right? Born in sin. I take issue with the idea that the Christian God would condemn a person who was raised in a different faith, truly believed it was right, never was able to see Christianity as true or had no contact with Christianity and thus no opportunity to convert. And the idea that Christians were chosen to be saved by God. Well according to your beliefs yes. But it's still just a matter of where you were born and what you came into contact with during your life, something an individual has little control over. If God has that control, he'd make Christianity so obviously right to everyone there would be no denying it, that would only be just. But maybe I'm overlooking something here.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

DanaBug

But it's still just a matter of where you were born and what you came into contact with during your life, something an individual has little control over.

Where you are born has NOTHING to do with it. There are some in my family who are not saved, at least as of today (I don't know the future). If God wants to save a Muslim he does and He has saved many.

But maybe I'm overlooking something here.

Rom 9:16

So then it does not dependon the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Well, that's where we disagree. Let's just agree to disagree. I just can't wrap my mind around that idea.

• sabastious
    sabastious

This is the very reason why the preaching work should not be considered "life-saving." The preaching work CANNOT penetrate some cultures whether the Witnesses have a presence there or not.

Therefore, when it's all said and done, Jehovah is going to read the hearts of everyone anyway so the preaching work is a wash.

-Sab

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    oxymoron alert: Blind faith intelligent logical thinker.

Work with me, CJ, I added the "aside from" qualifier.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

This has been an eye-opening discussion, no doubt.

I think this thread can be summed up best by one of my favorite quotes:

“The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived opinion, by prejudice.”
    - Arthur Schopenhauer

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

SBC: and mine is :

"I just can't wrap my mind around that idea."

-Dana Bug

I bet you have thousands of quotes by this time no?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit