(For Christians) Why should Muslims question the Koran?

by SweetBabyCheezits 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Hi, all. I'm wondering about this hypothetical scenario:

Suppose....

• a young Muslim (non-radical/moderate) in a middle-eastern country has no access to the Bible or any form of Christianity
    • he's keenly aware of other non-Christian faiths and the loyal adherents of those faiths
    • aside from a blind faith in the Koran (and, in turn, Allah) he is an intelligent and logical thinker
    • he doesn't see any flaws in his reasoning, no matter how illogical it may seem to outsiders

Okay, now based on the above suppositions....

1. What kind of introspective thinking might lead him to identify his own flawed reasoning so that he eventually realizes the Koran is not a revelation of god?
    2. Is such a thing possible? Or maybe highly improbable?
    3. In either case, should he be held accountable by the Judeo-Christian god for his perspective (and actions or lack of action) since he has been immersed in Islamic culture/environment his entire life?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Any legitimate faith should withstand the Outsider Test for Faith, IMHO.

http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.com/2009/03/outsider-test-for-faith_20.html

What we discover, however, is that religion is not like a pair of eyeglasses. Rather, it's a person's eyes. It defines how they see the world and themselves. One can simply remove a pair of eyeglasses, but ripping out your very eyes is a little more difficult.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Uhhmmm...he could just become a Sufi Muslim and believe that all faiths lead to God. :)

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

If you substitue "Christian" for "Muslim" and "Bible" for "Koran"... ;-)

It really depends on the individual. Anyone with an ingrained (habituated or inculcated or acculturated) commitment to a belief at the subconscious level will be at the mercy of that belief until it can be raised into awareness for consideration.

These sorts of "revelations" can come without warning (Erhardt said his release came while driving over the Golden Gate bridge), or through intention (vision quest, prayer, wandering the desert). But the heart of this kind of revelation is clarity and freedom from external authorty, realizing that this kind of subservience to our own mental chains is unnecessary.

It may manifest as the realization that any and all sacred texts are indeed of equal spiritual provenance, with nothing but culture or custom to recommend one over the other.

At which point you are free to pick any text as divine, or all as having equal value (or no value).

The third question is really a JW issue...

• designs
    designs

Mohammed tried to base much of his belief system on the jewish Torah and Talmud but when he wanted to be recognized as a Prophet by them they flat out said no, after that he went on a anti-semitic rage that greatly influenced his followers and lasted centuries.

• Chalam
    Chalam

(For Christians) Why should Muslims question the Koran?

Just look at the fruit?

RE: An Alarming Video Every Westerner Should See

Blessings,

Stephen

• wobble
    wobble

Look at the fruit that "Christians" have brought forth, based on the bible, the Crusades, Slavery, Apartheid, Misogyny and on and on.

To condemn the book on the basis of what the readers of it, or more like, the believers in it, have done, and still do, is a little unfair, and will not hit the mark.

All members of all religions would do well to examine the religion as whole, along with its sacred writings.as LWT said.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

1. It's demonstrably flawed historically, and geographically.

2. It's clear that the affirmations of Mohammed with regard to so-called "confirmations" of what previous prophets stated is seriously garbled.

3. The principle of abrogation creates confusion insofar as one cannot know the order in which these suras were uttered and these are oftentimes in complete opposition to each other.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

SBC

In either case, should he be held accountable by the Judeo-Christian god for his perspective (and actions or lack of action) since he has been immersed in Islamic culture/environment his entire life?

The answer is YES. He is already condemned.

Romans 9:10

And not only so, but also when Rebekah had conceived children by one man, our forefather Isaac, 11though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad--in order that God's purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls-- 12 she was told, "The older will serve the younger." 13 As it is written, "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated." 14 What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means! 15 For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion." 16So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Look at the fruit that "Christians" have brought forth, based on the bible, the Crusades, Slavery, Apartheid, Misogyny and on and on.

With respect, these Muslims are talking about smuggling four pounds of Anthrax into the US and spreading it like confetti over the White House lawn to kill 330, 000 American in a single hour in the name of Allah, the god of the Qur'an. What similar terror plots do you hold born again Christians to?

To condemn the book on the basis of what the readers of it, or more like, the believers in it, have done, and still do, is a little unfair, and will not hit the mark.

So the some followers of the book kill thousands in their 'holy war' but the book is no way to blame?!

All members of all religions would do well to examine the religion as whole, along with its sacred writings.as LWT said.

I have. My conclusion is it not a faith of peace but one of world domination by force. Convert to a Muslim, worship Allah or be killed as infidels.

An Alarming video every Westerner should see posted by Memri V

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit