If You Had To Have A Religion Which Would You Not Mind Belonging To?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I kind of like Wayism, though most Wayists don't consider it to be a religion, per se.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

THis is what I would be - Unitarian Universalist.

Unitarian Universalism is a religious community characterized by support for a "free and responsible search for truth and meaning". [ 1 ] Unitarian Universalists do not share a creed; rather, they are unified by their shared search for spiritual growth and by the belief that an individual's theology is a result of that search and not obedience to an authoritative requirement. Unitarian Universalists draw on many different theological sources and have a wide range of beliefs and practices.

Historically, both Unitarianism and Universalism had roots in the Christian faith. Contemporary Unitarian Universalists do not necessarily subscribe to the historic beliefs of Unitarianism and Universalism, espousing a rather hands-off approach to religion, whereby the followers could be considered atheistic, devout, and all points in between.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I don't know about joining another religion, but I've been liking the Buddhist philosphy of life more and more I read. Mix that with a lot of OUTLAWS religion mixed in with OTWO's cheerleaders I'll be set!

• agonus
    agonus

PS,

Though I'm bewildered by much of what you say, I have to admit I like Unity a lot myself.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

The United Universalist Rastafarian Judeo-Christian-Muslim Church of Beer, Weed and Fornication.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

I wouldn't mind being a non-theist Friend (Quaker). At least in the more liberal conferences, they're quite welcoming of agnostics and atheists.

• artemis.design
    artemis.design

My partners family are Salvation army. They are so lovely, I actually thought about faking my (lack of) belief in the Bible/ God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit