Find your old Assembly Hall...

by Hecklerboy 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

I was doing some investigation on Google Maps for a trip I'm making to Pittsburgh, PA next week.

Come to find out the the place I'm going is only a few mile from the Assembly Hall I spent allot of time at as a kid. Looking at this pictures bring back allot of memories. Some good, some bad.

Anybody else attend this assembly hall in Coraopolis, PA?

Let's see your old assembly hall.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Dang, picture didn't show up. Can you edit your own post?

Nevermind, I figured it out.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

When I was little I went to Monroe Assembly Hall in NY. Then Jersey City Assembly Hall.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Hey Hecklerboy,

Nice to see you here. It's been a long time! I live 35 minutes away from the Pittsburgh assembly hall. Lot's of good places to eat in the area and I wouldn't mind a meetup, but I work Monday through Friday. If you want to send me a PM as to when you will be there, maybe we can work something out. That is if you don't mind being seen with a senior citizen! lol

HappyDad (Bill)

• Joshinaz
    Joshinaz

I went to and was baptised (unfortunately) at Natick, Ma. Assy Hall.

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

Our family went to the Rochester, NY Assembly Hall - but before it was built, many of the conventions/assemblies were held at The Niagara Falls International Convention Center.

Niagara Falls International Convention Center New York

I also remember attending district conventions at the Silver Dome in Pontiac, MI (in '78 or '79 (?) I can recall reading "My Book of Bible Stories" in one afternoon while there - I used to love that book as a kid), Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh, PA and whatever the name of the centre/hall/arena is in Hamilton, Ontario (I think? - eeek, my memory is failing me! But I think it was there...!)

RTA

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I went to the Natick Assy Hall too. My dad designed the lighting system back in the 70s.

Coffee

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

great thread;

from the UK;

Wimbledon Civic Hall; now a shopping precinct

Sandown Park ; lovely venue horse racing track , fell over and split my head open.

Dorking Ass'embly Hall ; now a multi story car park

Hays Bridge , Godstone , Surrey;still an Assembly Hall in the middle of no where,god forsaken place, Baptized there 1986.

• darthfader
    darthfader

Here's My old hall from Google Maps:

Norco Assembly Hall- more info
    1001 Parkridge Ave, Norco, CA

Norco Ca. JW Assembly Hall

• whereami
    whereami

Interesting Joshinaz, I was also baptized into the cult in the Natick MA assembly hall.

isaacaustin, I also attended the Monroe NY assembly hall & the Jersey City one. It's a small world. Remember the scene at the Monroe hall? Those hasidic Jews were hardcore, weren't they? Ah the memories.

Other ones were the Ft. Lauderdale FL one, the one they just sold. And the Plant City one, also in FL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit