What Would Bring The Watchtower Down?

by metatron 50 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

Oh yes, shelby you quoted a mouthful!!!!!

always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of the truth."

• LV101
    LV101

I would donate for billboards.

LV101

• wasblind
    wasblind

that's the verse i'm gonna use the next time they quote "new light."

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

writing that one down, AGuest.

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

they've got lots of money. they have a message that many people crave to hear.

i don't see them disappearing in our lifetime.

• minimus
    minimus

Nothing will bring it done. It'll get beat up and pushed around but like cockroaches, you can't exterminate them once and for all time.

• LV101
    LV101

numbers equal dollars in the board game and i know they're lying about growth (except desperate 3rd world where there's no hope). heard a hardliner saying the public talk is spewing about ones who left yrs. ago are now coming back --- yeah, right! heard a calif. convention was so empty witnesses thought they showed up wrong weekend. how can older ones contribute more when individual funds/retirements are down. GOV'T really needs to protect individuals in their tender yrs. from this religious corruption. the Bible makes the promises that desperate souls yearn for (the freaks at w/t didn't dream this up other than to throw in a cubby or lion) and the old people must realize by now the madmen promising they'd never croak were half-baked. even w/all the promises for 130 yrs. --- most thought they were strange so i hope they go broke having to give the publications away.

what is it that attracts the african-americans to this cult? are they tired of the great music in their traditional type churches.

LV101

• metaspy
    metaspy

I think a combination of 2 things would bring the WBTS to its knees:

1) loss of its head - the Governing Body (heck, all of "bethel")
    If all of these guys went AWOL and no one knew where they were. (like a shallow grave some where)

2) loss of its funds
    WBTS has a crap ton of money, investments, land, etc. If this were to get eliminated in one whack perhaps by theft.

The combination of 1 and 2 would devastate the society. Because essentially those 2 things are what keep it going.

If the world headquarters were to die, but the money stays, someone would step up, rebuild and continue on.

If the money goes and the headquarters stays, they just ask for more money and it continues on.

If both the headquarters and the money goes, it would take a miracle to have someone step up, ask for money and rebuild.

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

I think getting rid of the C.O.'s will be a HUGE problem. Lets face it, the main reason congretions get visits is so the Socitey can make sure they are getting their cut of donations. With out these guys going over the books, the greedy congregations elders will be lining their pockets even more...

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

loss of its funds (metaspy)

The WTBTS headquarters resides in the most litigious society in the world. If the number of people whose lives have been adversely affected is considerable, if it can be demonstrated that the practices and doctrines of the Society have adversely affected the lives of these people, and if it can be demonstrated that the Society used deliberate psychological techniques to instill fear and inhibit logical thinking to enslave these people, then it may be reasonable to assume that it can be sued in a class action. There are doubtless many lawyers who would be more than willing to take this on, if only for the publicity it would bring them.

All you folks who were former Jehovah's Witnesses and who have suffered under the oppressive control of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society might have a legitimate legal claim. How sweet would it be to hit the Society where it hurts most?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit