Something a JW Told Me A While Back

by mentallyfree31 25 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

When I was a JW, we were very hospitable - always inviting people over. Yet, if we got invited out once or twice a YEAR, that was incredible. I remember having people over for supper and thinking what a nice time we had getting to know each other, only to be treated like a complete stranger again at the next meeting.

Now, there's barely a weekend that goes by that we are not invited out!!

And there's some on here that I have really come to care about and the only thing that keeps us from hanging out in person is distance.....

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aw, Palmtree, you sweet wolfie, you!! I'd love to hang out with you, too = and a lot of others on this site!!

Zid

• life is to short
    life is to short

When I was a JW, we were very hospitable - always inviting people over. Yet, if we got invited out once or twice a YEAR, that was incredible. I remember having people over for supper and thinking what a nice time we had getting to know each other, only to be treated like a complete stranger again at the next meeting.

Now, there's barely a weekend that goes by that we are not invited out!!

And there's some on here that I have really come to care about and the only thing that keeps us from hanging out in person is distance.....

Palmtree

I could have written those words myself. We always had people over, I was always the one to arrange going away party's and such. Everyone was like I am so busy with field service and Spiritual things to arrange things thanks for doing it. The PO once told me I have more energy then most. No I was always dead tired but come on we are supposed to be there for each other right?

We never got invited out. Now it is just like what you said I do not have the time do as much as I would like with my worldly friends and I truly wish I was closer to many on this board.

LITS

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I threw so many gatherings at my house...nobody else rarely every did anything or invited us. The ones who did wanted me to bring my WT and study it as a group. I would be thinking "i can barely stand to sit through a wt study on sunday, much less on saturday night".

mf31

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

LOL I know some of the "friends" used to tell me "oh we missed you at the meetings". When in fact THEY were the ones that missed the meetings. Of course this was also the same sister who told me I was pronouncing my name wrong....

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

All I can say is: no-one on the inside is your friend. A typical JW congregation is little more than a snake pit. Spies and rats looking to stick a knife in you at any time. If you have "friends" like that, who needs enemies?

V665V665

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit