Angels are all male?

by sabastious 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Genesis 6: 1, 2 - 1 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.

So angels are only attracted to female humans.

Anyone else find this extremely telling?

-Sab

• pirata
    pirata

They could also be lesbian.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

TBH, I'm not sure where you're going with this, Sab. Are you saying that some angels should be female too? Or completely asexual?

For the sake of argument, let's assume that angels aren't supposed to reproduce. What would be the point of female angels then?

Masculinity is supposed to represent assertiveness, power, strength, etc. They are, in theory, supposed to be representatives of God almighty (himself). Is this necessarily wrong? (Maybe it is. I dunno.)

Enlighten me on your POV please...

V665V665

• sabastious
    sabastious

I always give my point of view. I want to get your guy's points of view.

Do you think this scripture implies that Angels only have sexual attraction to female humans (making them male-like)? And if so, why aren't they attracted to males?

-Sab

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

You are quoting an ancient book, written mostly about two ancient peoples. Patriarchal societies. Societies that understood the power of sexuality was with women. Who set about using fear of God to control women and their sexuality.

We don't know that God is male or angels are male.

Adam, if we believe the Genesis story, was both male and female. God made this she-man/female, by polarizing two individuals from one. Both had masculine and feminine qualities to greater and lesser degrees.

You truly have to take the Bible seriously and literally to decide God is male and that angels are male.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Could have something to do with the earth/material stuff being characterized as female, can't say it in an articulate way right now but you get the drift.

BTW I just saw Bruno ...

• sabastious
    sabastious
    You truly have to take the Bible seriously and literally to decide God is male and that angels are male.

These angels surely appear male-like, no?

-Sab

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

How do we know the Bible's description of angels as male is accurate. Lots of sightings of angels portray them as feminine.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Here's a couple of vids that may or may not be germane to the discussion here but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vUtBhWVQSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEJ6jjRBv8U

Crazy good discussions of male and female, yin and yang...

V665V665

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Maybe in Noah's Day the Men REALLY let themselves go so the Girl Angels said......

Those guys get all the Breaks.... because Man is above Woman ... they don't care about their looks..... and it shows! Let's go Back To Heaven... Earth SUCKS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit