What kind of spreads do you like to put on the bagels?

by asilentone 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My favorite - plain, sesame seed or poppy seed - cream cheese with lox (smoked salmon) When I went to Alaska (on a cruise ship) I discovered it on the menu and had it every day with the thinest slivers of sliced onions but I will also eat them with just the palin cream cheese

Second favorite - cinnamon raisin - just butter melted into a hot bagel

In Montreal they had the real bagels - boiled and baked in wood-burning ovens. Turns out I live around the corner from one that does the same. I love rolled by just for the wonderful aroma in the air. If I go by and they have fresh cinnamon raisinn still warm from the oven I will buy and eat it on the run with nothing on it

Mass produced just aren't the same

• dinah
    dinah

Down here we eat biscuits.

What's a bagel? Yankee food?

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Strawberry schmeer, preferably on cranberry bagel.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

@VoidEater,

I thought you eat voids, not bagels...

V665V665

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

cream cheese and concord grape jelly.....mmmmmmm good

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

A bagel is a bread product traditionally shaped by hand into the form of a ring from yeasted wheat dough, roughly hand-sized, which is first boiled for a short time in water and then baked. The result is a dense, chewy, doughy interior with a browned and sometimes crisp exterior. Bagels are often topped with seeds baked on the outer crust, with the traditional ones being poppy or sesame seeds. Some also may have salt sprinkled on their surface, and there are also a number of different dough types such as whole-grain or rye

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagel

• Scully
    Scully

Spreads: I like multigrain bagel with cream cheese by itself or with marmalade.

If I'm making a sandwich type operation for lunch, I like the "everything" variety (onion, garlic, sesame seeds, poppy seeds) toasted, with a slice of cheese (real cheese, not processed) some chicken or tuna, and then some lettuce and tomato slices.

When I'm feeling really "domestic" (ie, bored out of my skull) I'll pull out the bread machine and make some bagel dough and do the whole roll-by-hand, boil and bake thing. Unfortunately, it's not worth the effort because for the couple of hours it takes to make a batch, they end up being devoured in like 5 minutes.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Either w creamed cheese w salt and pepper, or all out creamed cheese, capers, smoked salmon and schmonions. I used to get the fresh boiled/baked ones, but the tim hortons bagels are ok, too.

S

• sherry123
    sherry123

Cream cheese and lox.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Baby Seal Humus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit