My JW student is converting other students...

by lisaBObeesa 18 Replies latest jw friends

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

If those kids are under 18, maybe you should talk to their parents about this, not with them directly.

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Of course an educator must always proceed with caution when dealing with matters of religion. Attacking the faith of the JW student (or even just a perceived attack that is actually just the sharing of factual information) to warn his classmates could have undesired negative consequences--complaints from his parents, etc. The best thing to do is to use reasoning to help the students come to the conclusion that the Witness religion is not for them on their own. You can do that without ever directly mentioning Jehovah's Witnesses.

You may even be able to similarly sow seeds of doubt with the Witness student. I was a Witness kid that Witnessed all the time at school because it's what I thought I was supposed to do, but a few years later here I am.

• mouthy
    mouthy

My personal opinion is YOUR DOING A GREAT DISSERVICE TO YOUR STUDENTS!!!!!
    Your watching kids being lead into a life of GUILT!!!( because I am sure they masturbate)

You should at least give them this site, my blood is boiling at this moment to think you
    will not waken them to the pitfalls,I was in the bank yesterday & my Teller was saying
    how when she was 10 years old a couple of JW's called on her door ,& she listened to their
    information ,when ( the parents closed the door ) she thought about what they had said
    it sounded "good news",was terrified about the END coming ...Now at 45 she thinks that was
    such a crock to lay on a young kids ears especially as it didnt come

Please help them some way or another ...I am sorry to be so direct..it is LIFE!!!!!( bondage if they listen to the JW

• Heaven
    Heaven

Maybe print out a couple of these and give it to them (thanks to betterdaze):

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I take it you are in a secular school of some type. I don't know what grades you teach or the subjects. Could you elaborate? Maybe there will be some good ideas.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

You might have to do it slyly and use "theocratic tact", but yeah, I would warn them in some way. Maybe a tract or brochure like Heaven showed you. Or even something with a website on it for them to investigate on. Freeminds.org? Even sixscreensofthewatchtower.com might be good if they are young and the sensational approach might work better...

• letsslatejws
    letsslatejws

Wow heaven that leaflets /image is brilliant do you have it as a downloadable pdf? Would love to leave that under some JW's car wipers ! Tee hee - If you could send me the link would be much appreciated.....

x

• letsslatejws
    letsslatejws

On the subject lisaBObeesa I wish to god that an ex JW would have spoken to me when I was 17 and stopped me joining. I joined on my own without my parents being JW's. (Mother joined after I converted her, the rest of my family aunt / uncle etc were JW's)

My parents thought it was a good thing for me to follow God as it would keep me on the straight & narrow. How wrong they were.... Find a way, tell these guys, DO NOT let them lead a life of misery being emotionally trapped....

Im half way out, the grand finale will be when I get myself happily disfellowshipped because of a Santa on the front lawn, big fat and bobbing around in its fullest glory !!!!

• cherrypye
    cherrypye

Hi there.

I know some JWs in education and I find it very distasteful when they attempt to witness to kids in their classes, especially because kids at that young age are so impressionable. Of course, the dubs reason that it's also a matter of life and death, an excuse I think is pathetic....so I feel a bit hypocritical about what I'm about to suggest.

How about sending an anonymous letter to the parents of the kids telling them more about the org and what being a JW really means? Direct them to online resources and provide an anonymous email address where they can can contact you for more information. If you tell them that you were a former dub and are concerned for their kids' well being, they might very well appreciate the warning.

Best of luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit